Key Fob-Unlocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Fob-Unlocking

Hi all, My key fob has come apart as the little screw that holds together is missing. It is taped together for now until I get to my local 'hobby' shop toi find a small replacement screw.
    I only got one key when I bought my surf and wonder where I could source a spare? is it worth contacting the person at Toyota Uk who deals with imports ( I spoke to him when importing and he was ok todeal with). Would that be any use. if not has anyone else tracked down a spare key and how did they do it.

And whilst i am on- isnt it strange that the surf dosent have heated mirrors? Is it possible to fit some?

also as a new surfer I find myself wishing it would snow so I can try they 4X4 out and be the only one able to get into work.....mmm on second thoughts

Originally posted by fergus
    Hi all, My key fob has come apart as the little screw that holds together is missing. It is taped together for now until I get to my local 'hobby' shop toi find a small replacement screw.
    I only got one key when I bought my surf and wonder where I could source a spare? is it worth contacting the person at Toyota Uk who deals with imports ( I spoke to him when importing and he was ok todeal with). Would that be any use. if not has anyone else tracked down a spare key and how did they do it.

And whilst i am on- isnt it strange that the surf dosent have heated mirrors? Is it possible to fit some?

also as a new surfer I find myself wishing it would snow so I can try they 4X4 out and be the only one able to get into work.....mmm on second thoughts
    Key Fob - Toyota I'd imagine... Unless its a key fob for aftermarket alarm/immobiliser... if thats the case contact the alarm manufacturer

not sure on the heated mirror thingy

Where abouts in manchester are you... i know a few little/quite short lanes in south manchester/cheshire border

Finally... I'm going to north wales Sunday to "Borrow" some of their snow, (gotta ring bro in law on sat night to make sure its there!) If you'd like to tag along more than welcome... there's quite a few good greenlanes around snowdon/Bangor area
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

.....And whilst i am on- isnt it strange that the surf dosent have heated mirrors? Is it possible to fit some?.....
      Its possible to retrofit in some cases as later 3rd Gens had them as an option in the US (not sure about Japan) .... But I've no idea if that's any help to you as you don't mention which Surf you have.... if you fill in your vehicle details in your profile it would helpful
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

spoke to the 'personal imports' man at Toyota Uk re the key fob , he referred me to Access Lock and key who referred me to Toyota Import centers who referred me to...yes the personal import man at Toyota UK.

Given the volume of Surfs inthe UK somone must have lost their keyfob at somestage and been 'locked out'- and have experiance of obtaining a replacement. Justa matter of time before that person logs on and reads this post and inspires me with tthe answer.

PS my surf is a 3.0 llts 1994 model (blueover silver) - no mods other than baby seat!

Comment

spoke to the 'personal imports' man at Toyota Uk re the key fob , he referred me to Access Lock and key who referred me to Toyota Import centers who referred me to...yes the personal import man at Toyota UK.

Given the volume of Surfs inthe UK somone must have lost their keyfob at somestage and been 'locked out'- and have experiance of obtaining a replacement. Justa matter of time before that person logs on and reads this post and inspires me with tthe answer.

PS my surf is a 3.0 llts 1994 model (blueover silver) - no mods other than baby seat!
          If you just want a spare key you will get one at a locksmith, my 1st surf came with a fob and a normal spare, and the fob will only unlock not lock for some reason.

If you click on user CP at the top of the page you can edit your profile, so that your vehicle details appear under your name.

Comment

afternoon all - well not happy no snow yet!!

Anyway my smurf has heated mirrors and they come on (& get quite hot/warm) when I switch on the heated rear window.

I also only got 1 key (although a cat1 was fitted by the dealer with 2 fobs) and I got another 2 cut (in case I lost one) from local Timsons

ta

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

I had the same situation when I bought my '97 3rd Gen.
              I went to my local Toyota dealer in Basingstoke who supplied me with a new key blank which I got cut at the local locksmiths.
              It doesn't have the central locking buttons, but everything can be operated with the key anyway, so what the hell!
              The guy in Toyota parts dept got the blank from Belgium and was very apologetic that it would take 3 days!
              They can't supply the central locking fobs or cut the keys because Toyota UK wont supply them with the information/equipment.
              Keith

Comment

These people are worth a call. http://www.nwkeys.co.uk/Portal.aspx?page=3

Comment

Working...
                X