Tom Tom Go 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Tom Go 700

Does anyone use one of these?? I'm tempted to buy one but have read a few write ups saying they miss main roundabouts and main roads that have been around for ages!??

ANy comments would be apreciated. Thanks again

Originally posted by sparkyaj
    Does anyone use one of these?? I'm tempted to buy one but have read a few write ups saying they miss main roundabouts and main roads that have been around for ages!??

My boss has a TomTom 300 and it is very reliable so far
    As far as I understand the 300 is much cheaper and has all UK mapping, I am not sure about blue tooth though.
    I would buy one - but I won't cos i can borrow his!
    If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

a bloke i work with has bought a Mio 168 with tom tom 700 software and car cradle for £250, comes with all the gatso and mobile speed camera locations, and it works a treat
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I ahve a tom tom 500... has bluetooth.. conects to phone and does traffic updates (re-routes around traffic jams if you want it to)

Its never missed any junctions yet and its only got lost once (the mrs put it on top of the wardrobe!)

Would reccomend to anyone!
        Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Any nav system is only as good as its latest update. If there are new roads, new roundabouts, new one-way systems, any unit will miss them until it gets a map update.

Most sat nav users I know use Tomtoms and don't have problems.

Comment

i just got a bluetooth reciever and have turned my nokia 6630 in to a satnav with tom tom mobile on it and i have to say its excellent
            and it only cost me 50 quid
            Last edited by baner; 25 November 2005, 17:42.
            Baner

Comment

baner, where from? they got any more? i have a 6600... ive seen em for 150 quid...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                baner, where from? they got any more? i have a 6600... ive seen em for 150 quid...
                recievers on ebay
                i got software if ya want it you need a 256 meg card
                Baner

Comment

Originally posted by baner
                  recievers on ebay
                  i got software if ya want it you need a 256 meg card
                  nice! one like this? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUETOOTH-GPS-...QQcmdZViewItem
                  Last edited by Chillitt; 25 November 2005, 17:44.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

This one is cheaper. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BT-77-BT77-BT-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

thats it chillit
                      the one andy has posted is the one i got
                      works a treat and is so accurate
                      they go for about 50 quid so if you could get that 1 cheaper you have a bargain
                      didnt think it would be that good but its just the same as a £300 tomtom
                      just a smaller screen but who cares when theres someone telling you where to go
                      even has speed camera alerts
                      Baner

Comment

Originally posted by baner
                        thats it chillit
                        the one andy has posted is the one i got
                        works a treat and is so accurate
                        they go for about 50 quid so if you could get that 1 cheaper you have a bargain
                        didnt think it would be that good but its just the same as a £300 tomtom
                        just a smaller screen but who cares when theres someone telling you where to go
                        even has speed camera alerts
                        my advice dont buy tom tom
                        i used to sell them where i worked and seen more of these coming back with problems
                        loads more alternatives out there

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj

Got one. Its the Mutts Nuts, used it all the way down to south of Spain & back. Went round Paris like a dream but got a bit confused round Madrid. Only to be expected since they are building roads like there is no tomorrow around Madrid.

Its great to have the whole of Western Europe on the hard drive. Free downloan speed camera info is excellent too.

Highly recommend it.
                          Live for Today

Comment

Working...
                          X