RainX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RainX

Does any one know if you can use the Rainx cleaner and Rainx rain reppellent on the inside of your window and over tint film??

Tried it on the bathroom mirror, works a treat

Don't want to spend another winter putting air con on/off and windows up and down to clear the screen
    Thanks
    Mark

Originally posted by madcampbell
    Does any one know if you can use the Rainx cleaner and Rainx rain reppellent on the inside of your window and over tint film??

Don't want to spend another winter putting air con on/off and windows up and down to clear the screen
    Thanks
    Mark

Shouldn't hurt the inside of the windscreec - or any glass for that matter.. Not sure about the tint film though.... id do it in a corner... somewhere least noticeable and see what happens.... if no effect after a week i'd say its ok
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

cheapest solution and works the best for the insides is to use a drop of washing up liquid and simply polish it on with some paper towels or a soft cloth. does no harm and lasts ages.

Morrisons window cleaner is just as good too.
      Dave

Comment

It's ok to use on normal glass but not so healthy on window tint. I managed to scrounge some foam spray from the guy who did my tints and it stops misting etc going to use iton the front screen as well as itis for all surfaces.
        It is called FILM GUARD FOR SOLAR WINDOW FILMS.
        Hope this is of use to you.
        I swear by Rain-X on my windscreen have used it for years
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Never underestimate the power of idiiots in large groups!![/FONT]

Comment

Costco are doing the set at the minute for around a fiver. They are the 500ml larger bottles also!!!

Comment

Would any of these things stop the wipers squeaking? Mine are the loudest I've ever heard, drives me nuts! Or has anyone tried the wipers advertised as leaving a silicone film on the glass and stop squeaking??
            PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
              Would any of these things stop the wipers squeaking? Mine are the loudest I've ever heard, drives me nuts! Or has anyone tried the wipers advertised as leaving a silicone film on the glass and stop squeaking??
              silic one wipers are great!! Would never use normal ones again.. There a bit more expensive but well worth the money!!
              Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Right, cheers, i'm getting some
                PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
                  Costco are doing the set at the minute for around a fiver. They are the 500ml larger bottles also!!!
                  Bugger just paid a fiver for the 200ml set...will try a small patch on the tint.

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell

Thanks
                    Mark
                    Rainex do an anti mist formula as well as a rain repellant. it comes in a black bottle. I got a bottle as part of a twin pack.
                    but to be honest it doesn't work that much better than using a strong washing up liquid solution and polishing dry. - although it's a lot easier to apply!

But the best thing I've found is Autoglym's glass polish. goes on like a regular wax polish then dries to a very fine powder which wipes off effortlessly to leave a perfect smear free windscreen which stays mist free for weeks.

I've also insisted the wife doesn't talk to me in the car when it's cold as her hot breath steams up the windows .....doesn't stop the misting up but at least i can listen to the radio in peace!!!
                    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

rain-x makes me dizzy!!... you don't need wipers, but the rain beads and runs off... when you're driving, it get's blown off and your eyes follow it!!...

brilliant stuff though!... just a bit off putting!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                        I've also insisted the wife doesn't talk to me in the car when it's cold as her hot breath steams up the windows
                        Had to have been a bonus when you were courting though!

Ken
                        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid
                          Had to have been a bonus when you were courting though!

Ken
                          steamed up windows or her not talking??
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            steamed up windows or her not talking??
                            Had to think very carefully there,

Both

Ken
                            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                            X