Can I just say.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just say.........

My low fuel light was on today, so I put £20 worth of diesel in, and a whole 500ml bottle of redex in the tank as well.
    Drove to Caerphilly and back to buy a new combi boiler, approx 20 miles.
    Got back home unloaded, then I needed to go to out again, and FLIPPIN' ECK! The truck went like a bat out of hell, spinning the wheels at the junctions, and absolutely flyin' up the steep lane to the house.
    I bet I could have seen off you 3 litre boys too!
    I wonder what it would go like on straight redex?

Smokin'!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Does redex really make that much difference? I'll have to get some.

Comment

It did for me. The bottle I used was the medium sized one, £4.99.
        It says that it treats about two tank fulls, but I though.....nah just chuck it all in, can't do any harm.

Comment

You will probably find that it is the freezing fog. Colder denser air into the cylinders=bigger bang+more power. The redex helps too.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            You will probably find that it is the freezing fog. Colder denser air into the cylinders=bigger bang+more power.

Tis true - i noticed that tonight driving home from work (11.45pm) ((sorry ...last night)) through freezing fog
            the car was very eager to go and also strangely quieter.
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

But we aint got freezing fog here, just altitude freeze!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                Tis true - i noticed that tonight driving home from work (11.45pm) ((sorry ...last night)) through freezing fog
                the car was very eager to go and also strangely quieter.
                maybe that was "THE fog"??
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

if i remember i put fuel treatment into the new fuel filter when doing a service - forget the diesel!
                  Cant remember how well it went so ill do it again next time.... added bonus means you dont have to prime the filter either
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

if you've an older non diesel car - use some of that 10K Boost Wicked stuff. Will make your old car go like new again Also produces scary amounts of white smoke...
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

This is the Redex stuff I used.....
                      and The Wynns stuff Tim mentioned is this? I use it every time I change the fuel filter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

if you mean me tim then thats not it - mine was from costco very similar looking to your redex.
                        Tim

Comment

I missed a bulk buy of POWER BOOST on ebay a while back and was gonna sell it to you guys.
                          Supposed to be great stuff! You spray it in the turbo then go for a thrashing i think.
                          Tim

Comment

When I picked my truck up I put some SLICK50 diesel treatment in when I filled her up. Costs £14 a bottle. My mate who was following me (he took me there to pick it up) said before I put it in there wasn't any smoke coming from the exhaust. Then after I put it in he said there was massive amounts of smoke coming out. I reckon it was all that carbon burning off. Bet it's never had any in before.

The other day I put 2 bottles of WYNNS diesel treatment in. I use the A34 everyday to get to work, so when on that was taking her up to 80. She definitely shifts now. And that's on top of being BLUE. And the fastest got even faster!!

Comment

Can I just say.........
                              Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              My low fuel light was on today, so I put £20 worth of diesel in, and a whole 500ml bottle of redex in the tank as well.
                              Drove to Caerphilly and back to buy a new combi boiler, approx 20 miles.
                              Got back home unloaded, then I needed to go to out again, and FLIPPIN' ECK! The truck went like a bat out of hell, spinning the wheels at the junctions, and absolutely flyin' up the steep lane to the house.
                              I bet I could have seen off you 3 litre boys too!
                              I wonder what it would go like on straight redex?
                              NO
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X