In Car Instant Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Car Instant Heat

Got up this morning and set out for work at 05:00hrs. Absolutly BL**DY FREEZING. once at work, the temp gauge was still on cold and internal heaters still......................... ............COLD.

When i was shopping the other day, I saw a in-car heater that plugs into the cig lighter socket. Basically, it's a mini hair drier that sits on your dash and blows hot air through the vents from an element inside.

ANY GOOD ????? or a waste of money ???

They were in Woolworths priced @ £7.99.

Link to em

http://www.space-heaters.net/car/car-heaters.html
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Originally posted by Deviant 1
    Got up this morning and set out for work at 05:00hrs. Absolutly BL**DY FREEZING. once at work, the temp gauge was still on cold and internal heaters still......................... ............COLD.

When i was shopping the other day, I saw a in-car heater that plugs into the cig lighter socket. Basically, it's a mini hair drier that sits on your dash and blows hot air through the vents from an element inside.

ANY GOOD ????? or a waste of money ???

They were in Woolworths priced @ £7.99.

Link to em

http://www.space-heaters.net/car/car-heaters.html

If your journey is so short that the heater isn't warming up then this type of heater will knock seven bells out of your batteries, what with headlights, demister and longer cranking times to start the beast I fear that you will not be putting anything like the power into your batteries that you are taking out.
    Thought about getting a job further away?.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Not sure if thingsa have improved over the last 5 years, but the last one had did jack s**t about clearing the screen. (although the matrix was busted, so it didn't get any help)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hmmmmmm, So a waste then , Maybe i should invest in some gloves and leave them on the radiator overnnight
        !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

isn't there a thingy that lets you remote start the car to get the heater warmed before you have to leave the kitchen.... ?
          PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
            isn't there a thingy that lets you remote start the car to get the heater warmed before you have to leave the kitchen.... ?

They wouldn't be much use at this time of year, as you'll need to activate the glowplugs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              They wouldn't be much use at this time of year, as you'll need to activate the glowplugs as well.
              Plus it would be illegal in the UK, you can't leave an unattended car running. (says us who use the turbo timer all the time!!! )

In really cold countries, you can buy electic heater that goes in a core plug, and a electric water pump to circulate the coolant then preset a time for a hour or before you go out. But you'll need a big ol' battery.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My Surf warms up so quick its amazing, yet i had no probs this summer either !!!!
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                  My Surf warms up so quick its amazing, yet i had no probs this summer either !!!!
                  same here mines hot in about two mins mmmmmmmmmmmmm toasty
                  I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

I start mine 10 mins before I leave for work..... nice and warm when I go to get in it..... and its all defrosted.
                    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

mate of mine has got an old sj with a bust heater, he puts a electic fan heater on on extention lead with a timer swtich in the back and sets it to come on 1/2 hour before he leaves for work, toasty! all warm and demisted. not sure what sort of fire risk this is but it works.
                      Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

I love the 'idle up' button on mine.

Start engine, idle up, clear ice off windows - drive off in warm toasty car - why did I take so long in finding a surf???

Comment

might be worth ripping the thermostat out and banging a new one in...
                          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

don't know why night heaters aren't an option!

4am start... set timer for 03:50... get in cab, windows defrosted and it's all nice and warm... adjustable temperature... excellent!

run off the main diesel tank and the best thing since hot water bottles!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              don't know why night heaters aren't an option!

4am start... set timer for 03:50... get in cab, windows defrosted and it's all nice and warm... adjustable temperature... excellent!

run off the main diesel tank and the best thing since hot water bottles!
                              a mate fitted one of them to his astravan, then went and lived in it in the alps for the winter! top toy!
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X