Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ####### Batterys

Just a quick one!!! What type of batterys do i need? ie amp hour,
    code nos etc, Just so as i know what to ask for when i phone round for some quots and dont get fobbed off with some old nonsence, I understand they have to be a "pair" that is one is a mirror image of the other, so the terminals
    are the right way round, I've looked through the faqs posts and also posted this there, But no mension is made of the type of battery, At the moment i've had to replace the duff one with an old leftover from my serria, Its a lot smaller but at least it holds a charge, Chillitt & Draig posted a reply giving
    £95 pair 535amp & £60 for one 630cca 70amp/h, So im not too sure what to
    ask for, Any help and advice will be much appreceiated, Regards Ian.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Two 380s or one 750.

Oh and they are left and right handed as well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 20 November 2005, 21:45.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Two 380s or one 750.

OK Its two 380's, Many Thanks m8

Comment

i just picked one out of costco that looked right!!

works fine!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          i just picked one out of costco that looked right!!

works fine!
          How much was it m8, AA bloke said his mate got a pair from Toyota main dealer for his land cruser for 45 quid each, Though that was reasonable,
          Annoying thing is ive just given a nabour a bl00dy great battery the other week, It was one of a pair from a bus, Bought it from ceatano's when i
          worked there for a tenner, It would'nt fit in but would make a good jumper,
          Or in the back as a leisure battery! Ian Think i'll ask for it back.

Comment

just as an update i got 2 frost free patches on my bonnet above the 535s... is that good?
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Not really! Are you sure it isn't where Jack frost and his mate have been sitting?

Comment

Two 380s or one 750.

are you sure? I got two 610's on mine....one off them needs replacing,i had them checked yesterday and thats what the guy said i had! getting a new one fitted tomorrow.quoted me "around £40" but i know the guy so i'm not sure if thats the special price!
                So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Yep, those are the minimum requirements.
                  Are you sure you haven't got a split charge system on your truck?

Comment

think costco was about £30

but don't quote that!

Comment

Yep, those are the minimum requirements.
                      Are you sure you haven't got a split charge system on your truck?
                      Not sure,how would i tell that and whats the difference?

Comment

normally wired directly to each other... split charge had a relay so only one charges at a time

think mines only 660cca

Comment

Split charge systems work by one battery is just for starting, and all the trucks factory electrical stuff, (which would require a minimum 700cca battery.)
                          and the other battery is for powering accessories light extra lights,winches,fridges etc.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/battery.htm

Comment

Nah,i dont think so,as ive only got 610cca batteries,one of these wouldnt be enough to start the truck on its own. perhaps the previous jap owner was being a bit over cautious or maybe it was a case of mines bigger than yours!
                            Had them checked on sat..one was knocking out 570cca and the other was about 370cca...hence,getting new one tomorrow.
                            I got a feeling my glowplugs need replacing too,been a bitch to start last few days even with two and three goes with the glows.

Comment

Go for the biggest batteries that will fit. The higher the amp hour the longer it will turn over for. Try going to LSUK (Lucas). They are pretty good batteries, and are fairly cheap. The batteries in my truck are original Jap ones and are coded 85D26R. I put a volt meter on them the other week to see what charge they were holding and charging at. Only half a volt difference between the two, so they should be ok.

Our work and the Army use Varta batteries. So they must be good. Here is a link.

http://www.varta-automotive.com/eng/...raftwagen.html

Comment

Working...
                              X