Antifreeze....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifreeze....

Ok I have just bought a gallon of antifreeze (4.5 litres for anyone who dont know wot a gallon is).
    Thing is, I have had heaps of toyotas and the one endearing problem is the air lock prob, ie, requirement to burp them.
    So, before I go and have a hissy fit, has anyone come up with a good simple solution to getting water out and antifreeze in without having air locks everywhere. ??
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

On the passenger side of the radiator, down the bottom facing the engine, there is a drain tap. Unscrew this till the water starts running out, then remove rad cap and pour in anti-freeze. When you start to see anti-freeze come out the bottom of rad, close drain tap replace rad cap, run engine to circulate anti-freeze, switch off engine and repeat the process again. Works for me!

I just thought, you may have to remove your bash plate if you have the air con rad fitted under your engine to get to the drain tap.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 November 2005, 13:45.

Comment

Thanks for that Vince..... see i knew someone would have a neat simple solution..... and scarily I KNEW it would be Vince !!

Whilst we are talking hot tips, here's a good one for people, when you get a tip or answer to a question, this is how I save it.
      Highlight their reply, hold down left mouse button and grab all their text, right click to get a drop menu, select copy,open Notepad ( its in accessories on your start menu), paste text in notepad, then save. Saves having to write itout or try and remember it.
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Working...
      X