Hello all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

Hi all, I am a new member and will own a 1994 Toyota surf ssrx 3.0 in about 13 hours!! I live in Northern Ireland and I am travelling to london tomorrow to buy it. My maiden journey will be 400 miles to Stranraer (jayzuz!!). It has (apparently) 60k miles and he is asking £3995. Is that a fair price? I have the photos and it looks incredibley clean inside and out.

I tried to pick up a manual (gold filled hens tooth apparently) and had to settle for an automatic, does anyone know which is the better for fuel economy?? and can you do a manual gearbox conversion??

Thanks in advance. (like that!!)
    Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Hi, good price for a 3 litre.
    Hell of a job to replace auto with manual, easier to buy a manual in the first place.

p.s. Just noticed you user name. Perhaps you should have said.......Huwow!

Comment

Welcome to a wonderful world of weirdness.
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Congats on buying a Surf- give it 2 miles and you'll be an auto convert anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          Congats on buying a Surf- give it 2 miles and you'll be an auto convert anyway!
          Now i`ve got used to driving the surf, whenever i jump in our other car, i always stall at the junctions.
          I can never remember to use the ****** clutch

Comment

I nearly tried putting mine into first at a junction once................It's an auto!

Comment

Never drove an auto before, always thought of them as go-karty or for the older more senile generation!! i do a bit of rough shootin thats the reason for the surf. I have a jeep cherokee 2.5TD but everyones told they have bad engines (VM) Italian boat engine apparently!!

Would anyone have any notion how long it would take roughly from north london to stranraer?? what is traffic like on a saturday and what kinda fuel consumption should i expect?? lot a q's I know any help would be greatly appreciated.

havent seen a manual i fancied, most seem to be 2.4's and we all know about them.......................
              hard to get a manual 3.0 is ssrx a basic model??
              Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
                Now i`ve got used to driving the surf, whenever i jump in our other car, i always stall at the junctions.
                I can never remember to use the ****** clutch
                I do that with the works lorry, make yaself look a right divvy.....
                Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                  I do that with the works lorry, make yaself look a right divvy.....

london heathrow to stranraer is 9hr 13mins and 390.1miles

if you went to holyhead and into dublin it be 5hr 51 mins and 247.5 miles

then your 2hour drive up to the north

hope this helps

marc
                  rep of ire
                  mullingar

Comment

Working...
                  X