How cold is it actually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cold is it actually?

Scanning some of these messages is getting me worried - looks like I'm gonna seriously freeze my B@LLS off!

What are the temperatures around Coventry and the rest of the UK?

NB: Sorry,didn't see that someone had also started a similar thread.
    Last edited by bundubasher; 18 November 2005, 17:42.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Originally posted by bundubasher
    Scanning some of these messages is getting me worried - looks like I'm gonna seriously freeze my B@LLS off!

It's been just above freezing here today . The frost's still on the ground from this morning ; but I can feel the temp dropping now ; apparently minus 5 tonight !

Got the wood stacked up next to the logburning stove , and it's lovely in here

Comment

950feet above sea level here and it's fffffffffffffffffffffffffflipp in' cold!
      The frost was so thick this morning it looked like snow.

Comment

NB: Sorry,didn't see that someone had also started a similar thread.

Minus seven on Salisbury plain this morning
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

whats the temp over there at the moment? i reckon you're in for a shock!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

There are several Brass Monkeys looking extremely worried......

Comment

A few beers with us and you'll be alright! I'm downing some 7.6% Old Nick barley wine at the moment- very warming.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                A few beers with us and you'll be alright! I'm downing some 7.6% Old Nick barley wine at the moment- very warming.
                Old Nick barley wine all finished. Now I'm on Greene King Fireside (5.0%) full bodied ale. Bet they don't serve that in Kenya?

Edit- Greene King, Fireside Ale all gone. Now I've got Badger Brewery, First Gold (4.0%).
                Last edited by laser_jock99; 18 November 2005, 22:20.

Comment

Right now Im in Angola West Africa. Temps here are around 26-27 and its tending towards humid too. Kenyas probably not so different. If bundu has spent some time in Kenya then bits of him will definitely freeze off. I know I find it takes a few days to acclimatise and a few more to the feeling of being wrapped up like a cross between a mummy and michelin man when I go home.
                  On the plus side good old blighty is not plagued by nasty insects and horrible creatures as the cold snuffs em out and Tis the season to be jolly and chestnuts roasting on an open fire. That doesnt work so well in Kenya. Its not cold in the pub and its not cold if youre on top of the fire with the heating on

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks, but I don't wish to roast my chestnuts on yours or anybody elses' fire! Not that I'm a scrooge, but I'm really not too keen on "Christmas", only the "Spirit" part. The "feeding frenzy" that most people get into always sends shivers up my spine and sends me running for the hills!

At the moment it's about 25/26 deg by day but can get as low as 10 deg at night and so can feel a bit nippy! Nairobi is 1800m above sea level though and so it is not representative of the country as a whole: the coast can be especially hot and humid and the north, Turkana area, very hot and dry.

Anyway, thanks for the info and i'll break out the ol'woolen long johns, any joy on a rental vehicle?
                    @africa4x4cafe
                    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

I saw a dog frozen to a lamp post earlier.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X