On tour - give us a wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On tour - give us a wave

On Saturday I will be towing my rally car shell up to Warwick to have a cage fitted and various parts reinforced. This is just a note to say that if you see me, give us a flash or a or something as I will be fighting to stay awake at the wheel of the slow rental van
    Won't be hard to spot in a white van with Burgess Hill van rental on the side towing a white 205, on the M23, M25 and M40.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    On Saturday I will be towing my rally car shell up to Warwick.
    Which garage in Warwick?

Comment

Hi Matey
      So you drive Pugs eh?
      Ever heard of Mad Video productions?

Thats who we film for, we were at Hamsterley at the weekend filming on the old RAC firebreak which had been forgotton as not run for 4 years. Had 3 ex WRC cars in at about 80MPH and over 30 cars in total. Evo 8 went 300 yards down the firebreak, never even came off the throttle.

Whats your name/ I may have you on film somewhere.

By the way, i used the surf for this stage. had 8 of us on board at one point. We get to drive the stages prior to the event as we have media passes.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
        Which garage in Warwick?
        AB Motorsport.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
          Hi Matey
          So you drive Pugs eh?
          Ever heard of Mad Video productions?

Thats who we film for, we were at Hamsterley at the weekend filming on the old RAC firebreak which had been forgotton as not run for 4 years. Had 3 ex WRC cars in at about 80MPH and over 30 cars in total. Evo 8 went 300 yards down the firebreak, never even came off the throttle.

Whats your name/ I may have you on film somewhere.

By the way, i used the surf for this stage. had 8 of us on board at one point. We get to drive the stages prior to the event as we have media passes.

Al.
          I'm actually just getting started in the sport, our intention is the 205 Challenge which is the spec the car is being built to. Although it's a self build we want professionals to do the welding as I don't think you can put a price on safety - just ask your man who went through the firebreak!!!!! I've not heard of mad video productions but will check you out, especially as xmas is coming up
          One of the main reasons I bought the surf was to be our tow and support vehicle and handy to be able to pull things out of ditches when someone runs out of talent!!!!
          But yes, me (doug) and my mate (and my missus actually!) are Pug people, I've always owned one for the last 9 years. My mate knows far too much about them, even to the point of whether the Mk1 or mk2 wing mirrors are lighter... which can be fascinating sometimes *yawn*!
          You sound like a cool bloke to know for coming to watch some stages with though

Comment

have you got a map? it took me 2 goes to find them!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              have you got a map? it took me 2 goes to find them!
              Err yes, I printed a route off multimap and put their number in my mobile but any hints then?

You also a rally man?

Comment

no, i got my transmission cooler off them!
                if i remember correctly,its as you turn onto the estate by a bus stop, then first left, and they are down there on the right.i am hopeless with street names. laserjocks been there, im sure he will correct me!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                  AB Motorsport.
                  Know them well- they're the guys that fabricated and fitted me a custom, stainless, offroading exhaust for the Surf a few months back.

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  no, i got my transmission cooler off them!
                  if i remember correctly,its as you turn onto the estate by a bus stop, then first left, and they are down there on the right.i am hopeless with street names. laserjocks been there, im sure he will correct me!

They're in the little road behind the big Citroen dealership!
                  Last edited by laser_jock@work; 18 November 2005, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                    Know them well- they're the guys that fabricated and fitted me a custom, stainless, offroading exhaust for the Surf a few months back.

They're in the little road behind the big Citroen dealership!
                    ah thanks - I'll keep a look out for that then. They do Surf fabrication work too?! Better leave my wallet at home

Comment

Working...
                    X