glow plugs needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plugs needed

Hi, tuk agae to light the fire this morning in below freezing temp.
    I turned the key, waited for the clunk beep and then did it all again another 3 times before turning the key. No chance, took about a minute of cranking with breaks to rest the starter to light the fire. Gotta be plugs methinks

Can I get from a Toyota dealer?

Thanx

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Here http://www.milneroffroad.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Hi, tuk agae to light the fire this morning in below freezing temp.
      I turned the key, waited for the clunk beep and then did it all again another 3 times before turning the key. No chance, took about a minute of cranking with breaks to rest the starter to light the fire. Gotta be plugs methinks

Can I get from a Toyota dealer?

Thanx

Al.
      There may be other factors at play here. You previously posted that you had tried adding veg-oil, 12L in half a tank yieding a ratio of just under 30%. Some vehicles will have difficulty starting on this mix in below zero conditions. How cold was it? Had this fuel mixture ratio changed?
      This is not to say that veg is the cause, or that your glow plugs are not, just that there are other factors to be considered.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi Maurice

The mix has changed to a lower one in fact. Its not had anymore veg oil in as I was just experimenting and have filled to top with diesel since the veg oil

Its been difficult to start since I got the vehicle and last time it was very cold on sunday morning she was a pig to start with no veg oil in the tank at all.

I estimate its about minus 2 or 3 outside.

Comment

Thanx 4 the link, will mail them.

Comment

I've been thinking the same - looks like it's time to weaken the mix down from 50% - booger! still, it lasted longer than I expected - so it's back to 30% or below from next fill up.

or...... I could just plant one of them flat greenhouse heaters that runs on paraffin under the engine - as long as I put it where the oil drips dont land on it....
            Last edited by Draig; 17 November 2005, 13:08.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X