another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another one bites the dust

Just gone out to take the old gooseberry shoping, Battery's as flat as a fart,
    What was it the bloke said when i bought it! "Its got two batteries! you
    never have any trouble starting in the winter" B######d
    By the way! anyone know when Koi gets back so i can send my subs?
    Regards Ian.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    Regards Ian.
    Oh dear, well shopping online is up by a zillion % this year it seems!
    Tesco deliver....

Good Luck getting it sorted.

Naomi
    Naomi
    AKA - Mamadwyvin
    www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

ian just to make you feel better.. my batteries died on monday, and this morning my central heating packed up... its bleedin taters in here!!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        ian just to make you feel better.. my batteries died on monday, and this morning my central heating packed up... its bleedin taters in here!!
        Hi mate, By the way youve got the perfect user name then, Id probably be
        of more use to your central heating than i am to my surf! I'll charge them tomorrow, Its to dam cold to mess around out there tonight, Hey Naomi,
        Thanks for the tip but i dont trust internet or phone shopping, They chuck
        in all the out of date stuff and rotten vegies, Id sooner choose the stuff
        myself, My daughter shopped that way for a while and was always getting
        wrong or duff stuff, Besides i didnt want to go shopping in the first place,
        Leaving the lights on this morning did the trick, hehe, dont tell her indors though, Regards Ian

Comment

i didnt know taters bled,do they scream when you peel there skins too.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

im chillin i tell you Ive been working outside most of the day then finishing my spot lights in the freezing cold with not much light.
            Got them done and now one has stopped working! I think its blown already! Still - the sidelights look cool.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

thats one fancy pants shed you got there
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                thats one fancy pants shed you got there

if its any consolation guys i had my 4runner(key fob operated door) a couple of weeks left it at my parents in scotland till i came back from ireland,,, oh blast flat battery???

no problem i'll just open the door with my key pop the bonnet boost start,,,,,,,well bu**er me!! the key i have for the ignition and my spare dont open the doors,,, missing a key aint i!!!!

of course the back window wont go down as it did before with the key as my battery is flat,,, and i cant pop the bonnet

now i aint going to go on here but if you ever wanted to know how to get into the surf without a key in less than a min,,, drop me a line

no i didnt break glass or damage the paint trying to pull up my button..

moral of the story,,,, dont rely on the fob!!! go check now..

cheers marc

Comment

It must be Surf battery dying month! - how many more are going to go?

it's an epidemic I tell you
                  Dave

Comment

Regards Ian.
                    Ian.

Yes just cos it has two batteries doesn't make it any more or less likely to have them go flat. if one dies it takes out the other one generally. Had to replace mine after a year. Koi gets back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      Ian.

Yes just cos it has two batteries doesn't make it any more or less likely to have them go flat. if one dies it takes out the other one generally. Had to replace mine after a year. Koi gets back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

Cheers
                      Hi Andy, Firstly! Thanks for the reply and I appoligise for not sending any
                      subscription before now, Honestly Its not because im tight, Im a carer for my wife so work is not constant, Neither is money, It seems every time i get a few quid together something comes up to take it, However i sold some model ships to pay for some Jaos bars and the fuel to get them from preston but left £10 in bank especilly for my subs, I will be sending a cheque as i dont
                      have plastic (still paying that b#####d off), also i will send more soon as i
                      can, As for the batteries! I put a charger on one all day in the believe that
                      that will charge both, Is that correct? Still flat! The charger is old and small
                      so im not sure if its working, It was showing about one & a half amps,
                      If it is batteries can you tell me what type (amp/hour etc) i will need and
                      approx cost, I'm calling the AA out tomorrow morning see what they can do,
                      also try to get a new heavy duty charger. Kind Regards Ian
                      Last edited by POPEYE; 17 November 2005, 20:51.

Comment

Best thing is to fully disconnect one battery, charge it, then reconnect and disconnect and charge the other. The charger on a discharged battery ought to show about 4-5 amps initially for 10-15 mins then drop down to the 1-2 amp level for 12-24 hours until fully charged. Try that first before shelling out for new batteries.

Also check and clean both the battery terminals and the inside of the clamps. Had a car stop on me years ago on a garage forecourt after filling with petrol. Had worked great before. Just needed to clean and shine the terminal connections and everything was fine afterwards.

Also, once charged up and running, make sure the battery meter on the dash is showing a good charge (i.e. well over to the right). If all that doesn't fix it then new batteries might be needed.
                        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                          Best thing is to fully disconnect one battery, charge it, then reconnect and disconnect and charge the other. The charger on a discharged battery ought to show about 4-5 amps initially for 10-15 mins then drop down to the 1-2 amp level for 12-24 hours until fully charged. Try that first before shelling out for new batteries.

Also check and clean both the battery terminals and the inside of the clamps. Had a car stop on me years ago on a garage forecourt after filling with petrol. Had worked great before. Just needed to clean and shine the terminal connections and everything was fine afterwards.

Also, once charged up and running, make sure the battery meter on the dash is showing a good charge (i.e. well over to the right). If all that doesn't fix it then new batteries might be needed.
                          Great Tips thanks Tallyman, that totally explains why our charger wasn't having much effect when I left the lights on late one night a few weeks back. Dads poor ol Paj ended up giving us a boost to get home. Been fine since ...fingers crossed!

N
                          Naomi
                          AKA - Mamadwyvin
                          www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Quick update, Good news-AA's got it started, Bad news- one battery is down,
                            and the others going with it, So need new pair, I cant afford them yet so i've found a charger in machine mart for around 45 quid, It'll keep me going for a while,
                            The guy's give me the numbers for the batterys (the ones they sell anyway)
                            Which are RH(off side) 335 & LH (near side) 334, And are £86 & £96, A bit
                            expensive! He said his mate gou a pair for his land cruser for £45 each, More
                            like it! Cheers Tallyman, I'll charge them as you say, dissconnect one at a
                            time. Regards Ian

Comment

Quick update, Good news-AA's got it started, Bad news- one battery is down,
                              and the others going with it, So need new pair, I cant afford them yet so i've found a charger in machine mart for around 45 quid, It'll keep me going for a while,
                              The guy's give me the numbers for the batterys (the ones they sell anyway)
                              Which are RH(off side) 335 & LH (near side) 334, And are £86 & £96, A bit
                              expensive! He said his mate gou a pair for his land cruser for £45 each, More
                              like it! Cheers Tallyman, I'll charge them as you say, dissconnect one at a
                              time. Regards Ian
                              mate shop around! i just paid 95 quid for 2 535 amp batteries!
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X