Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy kids, Im Jowah.

Hey guys, and girls.

I've just paid my membership and thought i'd say hello. Actually bought my surf off one of the members here. Mr stiggy, Thanks for the truck. So if you wanna see my truck look at his profile.

Having a few problems at the mo, It hasn't wanted to start the last 3 days. it ticks over but soon the battery goes flat. I jump it then its fine all day. Gonna get my brother to have a look tomorrow. Been reading up on the E.G.R valve so gonna try that (rather then the infamous ball bearing) . Also gonna change the fuel filter, air filter and glow plugs and pray to god that sorts it out.

One other thing i wanted to pick you brains about. Been looking at all the tyre and wheels threads and it all gets confusing. At the mo im running 31x10.5 r 15's. I have just managed to get my hands on some really nice wheels from a guy that was selling his surf but they are 33x12.5 r 15's general grabber MT's. Obviously they aint gonna fit with out a body or suspension lift (something i really cant afford at the moment). But what if i was to get some 32x12.5 r 15's put on the rims. Would they be ok with out a lift. Im thinking no. So if not would putting 31's on be ok. Bearing in mind they are 2 inches wider. Would these still catch the bumper and arch?

Your thoughts would be greatly recived. And sorry for the long intro guys.

Many thanks

Jowah

Hi Jowah, The 31s will fit o.k. without any mods RE: your difficult starting, It's 'cos of the cold weather. New glowplugs should cure it, but also check the glowplug fuse to make sure it hasn't blown. It's in the engine bay fuse box, and to remove it you'll need to remove the small screw from under it.

P.S. Very impressive, your first post and you've already got a blue star!

Comment

Hey Jowah,
      Welcome on board! Excellent choice buying a surf, you will not regret it even though you're having some problems. Have you thought of any mods for it? I can recommend lots of spots!
      Anyway, enjoy!
      Windsurfer

Comment

Hey guys, hows it going.

Cheers for that bushwhacker. I'll let my bro know. Hopefully it'll be back on the road soon. Been having to use my old mk 3 golf gti last 3 days and as much as i miss the power its no way near as much fun as the surf!!

Hey windsurfer. I've thought of lots of mods but just dont have the funds till i sell the golf. Wanna 2inch lift so i can get some bigger tyres on. But think that'll have to wait till next summer. Really want a bull bar but just cant find the 1 i want. I would love 1 like this... hopefully the pic has worked. Sorry richard for using you photo but it's the only 1 i could find. And as for spots, Yes i want lots!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jowah
          Hey guys, hows it going.

Cheers for that bushwhacker. I'll let my bro know. Hopefully it'll be back on the road soon. Been having to use my old mk 3 golf gti last 3 days and as much as i miss the power its no way near as much fun as the surf!!

Hey windsurfer. I've thought of lots of mods but just dont have the funds till i sell the golf. Wanna 2inch lift so i can get some bigger tyres on. But think that'll have to wait till next summer. Really want a bull bar but just cant find the 1 i want. I would love 1 like this... hopefully the pic has worked. Sorry richard for using you photo but it's the only 1 i could find. And as for spots, Yes i want lots!!
          Hey Dude,
          Have you looked into Roughtrax?
          http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=216&vid=765
          This looks really cool!

Comment

Hi
            welcome to another west country surfer, incase you hadn't twigged it were all a bit mad here, xcept Bushwacker he's totally #@%% (hi vince!) dont worry he will be fine once he gets his Daltonism sorted out!!
            You are like most of us, so many mods available ...so little dosh
            hope the face isn't acheing too much from the smiling!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Yeah been looking on roughtrax but not to keen on any of the bars on there. Just have to keep an eye on ebay.

Hey fatfires, Yeah seems to be more surfs around these parts every day. Does any one else slow up when they pass another surf. Seeing what mods they got?

The surf is perfect. Trying to get 4 guys in a golf for surf trips plus boards and wetsuits aint fun. the surf is perfect. loads of room.

Comment

Yeah been looking on roughtrax but not to keen on any of the bars on there. Just have to keep an eye on ebay.

Hey fatfires, Yeah seems to be more surfs around these parts every day. Does any one else slow up when they pass another surf. Seeing what mods they got?

The surf is perfect. Trying to get 4 guys in a golf for surf trips plus boards and wetsuits aint fun. the surf is perfect. loads of room.

Sure is, just try windsurfing equipment, my surfboard (stick), wetsuit, wife, dog and baby! You need something big!

Comment

To be honest..as a blue blur normally going too fast to react in time, usually manage a tho!!
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Only problem with having a big truck is the girlfriend now makes me get bails of chippings for her horses. Least i dont look out of place when i park up next to all the other 4x4's at town and country. Only slight difference is the surf is way cooler then the others!!

Comment

Having a few problems at the mo, It hasn't wanted to start the last 3 days. it ticks over but soon the battery goes flat. I jump it then its fine all day. Gonna get my brother to have a look tomorrow.
                      Jowah
                      Maybe get the batteries condition checked out too- takes a fair amount of umph to turn over a cold diesel lump in the morning. Your batteries need to be tip top.

I'm running 33" General Grabber MT's at the moment. To fit them the following mods were needed- 2" body lift, 2" suspension lift & remove front mud flaps (before those big tyres remove them for you!)
                      Last edited by laser_jock99; 15 November 2005, 23:41.

Comment

Yeah the guy i bought the wheels off cut holes in his mud flaps to stop the rubbing. But he said he only had a 2 inch body lift to fit them under. But then i couldn't afford suspension lift or a body lift at the mo let alone both. i think i'll wait till i upgrade to a 3 litre before doing all that. so 31's it is for now. Thanks for all the help guys. Much appriciated.

Comment

Only slight difference is the surf is way cooler then the others!!
                          well - you sure got that bit right - welcome aboard mate
                          Dave

Comment

Hey guys, and girls.

I've just paid my membership and thought i'd say hello. Actually bought my surf off one of the members here. Mr stiggy, Thanks for the truck. So if you wanna see my truck look at his profile.

Having a few problems at the mo, It hasn't wanted to start the last 3 days. it ticks over but soon the battery goes flat. I jump it then its fine all day. Gonna get my brother to have a look tomorrow. Been reading up on the E.G.R valve so gonna try that (rather then the infamous ball bearing) . Also gonna change the fuel filter, air filter and glow plugs and pray to god that sorts it out.

One other thing i wanted to pick you brains about. Been looking at all the tyre and wheels threads and it all gets confusing. At the mo im running 31x10.5 r 15's. I have just managed to get my hands on some really nice wheels from a guy that was selling his surf but they are 33x12.5 r 15's general grabber MT's. Obviously they aint gonna fit with out a body or suspension lift (something i really cant afford at the moment). But what if i was to get some 32x12.5 r 15's put on the rims. Would they be ok with out a lift. Im thinking no. So if not would putting 31's on be ok. Bearing in mind they are 2 inches wider. Would these still catch the bumper and arch?

Your thoughts would be greatly recived. And sorry for the long intro guys.

Many thanks

Jowah

Like Bushwacker said check the fuse first.

If it is blown, check the the insualtor block between the glow plug bar and the engine, before you replace the fuse (which aren't cheap!)

It can deteriate, causing it to short out all the time.

Do a search on here for the correct order of the various insulating washers as well, as it could be that these have just been put back on in the wrong order.

happy surfing!
                            I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Hey Draig, thanks for the welcome.

Jonah, My bro is gonna have a look at them tomorrow.

He just got back with my truck with these prices for air, fuel filters and glow plugs.

Glow plugs:£9.55 each

Air filter: £12.60

Fuel filter: £21.58

He went to the local toyota garage and the garage he goes to and these were the cheapest prices for the bits. Dose this sound about right. Aint got chance to surf the net to find cheaper prices because gotta go back to work in 5 mins. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X