Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate Window Motor

Hi guys and dolls,

I've started to notice that my rear window seems to be very slow going up or down? Is its failure immenant
    [SIZE=5]A bad days fishing is better than a good days work[/SIZE]

It probably needs a bit of lubrication/service...

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Comment

Mine has always been kinda slow..........

Comment

Ditto, mine has always been sluggish, especialy if there is dirt in the rubber runners it slides into. Clean those out, and give a spray with a way polish, it works for mine.

I have been avoiding the dis-mantling like the plague for near two years now!
        Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Your best of cleaning it regularly, if it struggles for to long, it'll strip the teeth on the regulator, or the motor gear. Also the spindle wears its hole out in the motor casing and the gears don't mesh properly, also causing them to wear.

All you need to do is pull the carpet and cover plate off, and clean the runners at either end of the tailgate. Either grease them, or clean them with WD40 or brake cleaner and let them dry. And give the regulator a grease.

Some people will tell you they need to be dry and clean and grease attracts dirt, others that it needs to slippery and greased. IMHO, either way works, just as long as its not full of dirt making it tight!!

Also clean out the rubber channel around the window opening, this can grip the window, making the last 1" or so slow.

Preventive maintenance!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Your best of cleaning it regularly, if it struggles for to long, it'll strip the teeth on the regulator, or the motor gear. Also the spindle wears its hole out in the motor casing and the gears don't mesh properly, also causing them to wear.

Strewth Tony, you are sooooo full of joy, come on then, before I find myself standing in a pile of broken glass that once looked like a rear window, how much to strip and clean my blue dog`s rear window runners?

Please be nice Christmas is coming to bleed me dry!

Preventive maintenance!
            Hah, only if done properly!

Comment

That was weird!

Comment

Covers off?

Originally posted by Gtdog
                That was weird!
                Dear Surf Doctor Tony,

Once the carpet and sticky clear plastic etc is off the rear door (inside) how do you get to all the fiddly bits with it all being closed in and bolted under a big chunk of metal? Is is a knuckes off and get your hand in job or is there an easier way?

Thanks, Naomi
                Naomi
                AKA - Mamadwyvin
                www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

What we need to do is to bribe Tony with dinner at the Bournmouth meet if he guides us through (in person) the process .

What say you that we drive to Basingstoke to appeal in person?

Comment

I'll get me coat on...see you there!

N
                    Naomi
                    AKA - Mamadwyvin
                    www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Tonys gone all quiet on us

Comment

Cheers lads, Having read the instructions on the help thingy Iwill need someone to support my window or it goes ccrrrrraaaacckk. Now let me think I live in Old Basing, does anyone know of a Surf whizzkid in the Basingstoke area
                        [SIZE=5]A bad days fishing is better than a good days work[/SIZE]

Comment

Linda????

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
                            Tonys gone all quiet on us
                            I'm trying run a business here........

Although to most I'm just the voice on the other end of the 'Surf Problem Hotline'

I'm gonna get a Premium rate number and make a bit of money!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              I'm trying run a business here........

Although to most I'm just the voice on the other end of the 'Surf Problem Hotline'

I'm gonna get a Premium rate number and make a bit of money!!!

Tony We just love to hear your voice, the Blue Dog goes all sulky on me if I am not on speakerphone to you when she gets upset.
                              I know that she would rather you layed hands upon her than me, I can live with it, as I know she needs my money to spend on your services.
                              Im not the jelous type.

Comment

Working...
                              X