New surfer seeks enlightenment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New surfer seeks enlightenment

I am 3 days into surf ownership and have a coupla questions for today. I am sure they are very easy for you folks to answer.

1, What is the red button for on my auto box selector? Its got Jap writing just by it but I dunno what it does.

2, what is the Power/normal ECT button for

3, Where can I get a new radio antenna?, mine has been snapped off at some stage in the vehicles past. the electric motor can be heard whirring away when stereo is turned on/off so this is fine.

Thanx very much.

Al
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    I am 3 days into surf ownership and have a coupla questions for today. I am sure they are very easy for you folks to answer.

1, What is the red button for on my auto box selector? Its got Jap writing just by it but I dunno what it does.

3, Where can I get a new radio antenna?, mine has been snapped off at some stage in the vehicles past. the electric motor can be heard whirring away when stereo is turned on/off so this is fine.

Thanx very much.

Al
    Welcome to the nut house !!!

If you use the Search function you will see that the red button is used for moving the gear lever when the engine is off, and that the ECT button changes the way the car changes gear - like a sports mode.

The Shop has masts for sale, and the search button will find the instructions on how they are fitted.

Trev

PS we wants pics, preferably with the beast covered in mud
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

hi and welcome - never ever touch any buttons - without first searching - but to help you out the ECT button operates the flux capacitor and you MUST shout 'Flux me' when pressing it and once pressed you have to say 'capacitor fluxing'.

red button - be carefull!!!!!

Dave

Comment

"Flux me" ?

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala

Thanx very much.

Al

Thanx folks thats good info.

Pics will follow as soon as I work out how to post them. She was covered in mud yesterday as I was filming in Hamsterley forest (rally stages held there this weekend) I had 8 in the car including myself with 2 sitting on the tailgate and loads of gear in the back we did 40 stage miles on muddy forest roads before setting up the camera gear. Now spanking clean again following a wash this morning. Can send pics of her clean for the moment once i have researched how to do this.

Al.
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            "Flux me" ?
            Scary isn't it, and to think he will an important job to do on our wedding day.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Scary isn't it, and to think he will an important job to do on our wedding day.........

I HAVE to ask this !!

In what capacity and will he be wired ?

Comment

Certainly won't be wired - well not for sound - gosh now I sound like Cliff Richard fan!

(sorry but I really like the word Flux - sounds nice and woody)
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                  gosh now I sound like Cliff Richard fan!
                  Does this mean we get to call you the Peter Pan of Petrol Heads ?

Trev

Comment

(sorry but I really like the word Flux - sounds nice and woody) [/QUOTE]

Grillocks works for me also like bassaar which I believe Billy Connoly uses
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

smock
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        smock
                        Eh?

didnt want to know about your arty dress code!!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

if draig can say flux, and fatfires can say grillocks, then i reckon smock is fair comment
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

smock is ok - that's allowed.
                            Dave

Comment

What about Bandicoot?

Comment

Working...
                              X