Help! she won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! she won't start

Tried to start motor this morning,all fuelled up, battery level good. As soon as I turn the key no starter motor. Only thing that kicks in is the car alarm.
    Been as good as gold, normally starts first time every time. Very damp around here this morning.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Started with a beast now I have a beauty

is it a manual or an auto,if auto try wiggling the gear shift back and forth and make sure it is in park.before turning key
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      is it a manual or an auto,if auto try wiggling the gear shift back and forth and make sure it is in park.before turning key

Thanks for getting back.
      Tried that now the b****y gear shift won't move. Also tried rocking car back n forth!!!

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
        Thanks for getting back.
        Tried that now the b****y gear shift won't move. Also tried rocking car back n forth!!!
        She's an auto 3.0L

Comment

Don't you have to put your foot on brake to move the auto out of park or press the whatchamacallit button.

Nev

Comment

Tried holding in the red button when shifting the gear lever ?

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Tried holding in the red button when shifting the gear lever ?

Trev

Taking time out for the next hour or so cos neighbours are giving me funny looks. they must think I'm trying to nick my own car!!!!!!!!

Comment

Taking time out for the next hour or so cos neighbours are giving me funny looks. they must think I'm trying to nick my own car!!!!!!!!

Good old fashioned jump start and I'm back on the road. All seems fine, battery gauge at over 3/4.No change with lights on but have now noticed that it changes when the indicators are on?????

Comment

Good old fashioned jump start and I'm back on the road. All seems fine, battery gauge at over 3/4.No change with lights on but have now noticed that it changes when the indicators are on?????
                  Problems again this morning but started immediately as soon as jump leads were connected. Went to local Formula 1 this am and was told offside battery was faulty. Went to Jet tyres for 2nd opinion who said batteries and alternator were ok.
                  In the end went to local mechanic. He reckons that it may be celluloid. says that if cold start does not work in th emorning he will be straight round to have a look.
                  Whats the betting that she starts first time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X