A/T Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/T Tyres

Can anyone tell me if All terrain tyres give a nasty ride on the road? At present I have Pirelli scorpion s/t tyres which are all purpose. I really fancy getty the BF Goodrich A/T but have been told that I will feel the difference in the ride on roads. I do a bit of off-road but not enough to compromise the comfort too much (well that's the wifes point of view anyway!). I do think they are great tyres though!
    Cheers in advance
    Windsurfer

I think you'll find if you do a bit of searching on here that BFG A/Ts are the mutts nuts in most peoples opinion. Great on road, great off road, great all round! They look damn cool too
    You aint seen me, right

Comment

Cheers Matt, I do think they're cool!

Comment

BF's are excellent - I'm also trying some Kumho AT - and must be honest and say they appear as good as the BFs at the moment!
        Dave

Comment

I've just swapped all four dunlop grandtreks (road use???) tyres for a set of BFG A/T's and can recommend the A/T's.
          I have noticed no diffrence in road handling or road noise.
          Also the A/T's have excellant grip in heavy rain/surface water, not to mention off road capabillities.
          10/10
          Got mine from leeming bar 4x4 Accessories+tyres for £76 each.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

On my previous 4x4 I ran BFG AT's & they were brill both on & off road.

On the surf I currently run Kuhmo venture AT's and, I must admit, they are as good as the BFG's were (tread patten not quite as aggressive).

ONly done a bit of soft roading (wet grass, muddy fields) and the Kumho's have performed brill.

Cheaper then BFG as well (mine were £248 for 4 fitted & balanced)

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
              I've just swapped all four dunlop grandtreks (road use???) tyres for a set of BFG A/T's and can recommend the A/T's.
              I have noticed no diffrence in road handling or road noise.
              Also the A/T's have excellant grip in heavy rain/surface water, not to mention off road capabillities.
              10/10
              Got mine from leeming bar 4x4 Accessories+tyres for £76 each.
              Is that price fitted or just for the tyres????????
              The best I've found so far is £134 each fitted.
              You aint seen me, right

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                I have noticed no diffrence in road handling or road noise...........
                Same here, from 265/70/16 Grandtreks to 285/75/16 BFG A/T's. No increase in road noise (well not above the stereo anyway) and more grip on tarmac, far less squealing and superior in the wet. Not tried them off-road very much yet, but the little I've done shows a vast improvement over the Grandtreks which were rubbish!
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                  Same here, from 265/70/16 Grandtreks to 285/75/16 BFG A/T's. No increase in road noise (well not above the stereo anyway) and more grip on tarmac, far less squealing and superior in the wet. Not tried them off-road very much yet, but the little I've done shows a vast improvement over the Grandtreks which were rubbish!

Excellent, cheers guys. I shall have to get some.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Cat
                    Is that price fitted or just for the tyres????????
                    The best I've found so far is £134 each fitted.
                    £76 for tyre inc vat .
                    fitting extra £6 per tyre.
                    I got mine fitted there and then.
                    long story about this...
                    i rang numerous places for prices (all over UK) and they were the best by far.
                    I rang to reserve four tyres and made an appointment to fit them - no probs they said.
                    drove 50 miles there to find they only had two in stock.
                    we haggled and debated but ended up with the following package....
                    paid for 4 BFG A/T's - two stock tyres and a third from the display rack. the fourth tyre was a similar russian brand and had all four fitted free.
                    then when the new stock arrived (next day), they posted the fourth BFG A/T to my home address free of charge - which I had to get fitted myself, and kept the russian tyre as a same size spare.
                    so all in all a very good deal - and an exceptional service from 4x4 acc's and tyres.
                    Very pleased

by the way 31x10.5x15 tyres will replace 265/70/15 tyres. the 31's are a tiny bit bigger in diameter but no problems - ie no rubbing on full lock.
                    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Well done mate, it's nice when things go your way. A good deal indeed
                      You aint seen me, right

Comment

been running 4 colway AT's for a pew months now and find them superb in the wet and dry and they were only £40 odd quid each from sowden tyres

Comment

Just fitted a set of BFG A/T's to my 3.0 and so far no problems. Off to Yorkshire tomorrow so I'll see how they are on a long motoway trip.

Also just wondering what tyre pressures most people run on their BFG's for everyday driving. On my old set of Bridgestone D964 A/T's I was running at 33psi and was just wondering if that was a bit hard for the BFG's.
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][B]PJH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Sorry so late in replying - ****** gardening!.

Kuhmo AT's price included fitting, valves & balancing @ Tyreservices in Thorne near Doncaster.

It's a tyre they keep in stock as there are 2 garages nearby that import surf's

ta

hawaii
                            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
                            X