Diffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diffs

Hey guys,im new to this thing,i was wondering what type of differetials are on surfs,are they all limited slip differentials or what.cheers

probably do a search for LSD would be best... some have LSD, some don't... think there may have been an option for electric lockers too (but don't quote me on that!)

if you've got LSD then most likely to be rear only and there would have originally been a sticker on it to tell you so... think the VIN plate gives info aswell, but again, you'd have to do a search to get exact details.

(search button is at top of page third from right)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/other/4_axles.html

8" rear and 7 1/2" Front. No limited slip on front diffs.

Nev

Comment

Got an obervation about rear LSD diffs. Mine doesnt limited-slip anymore (150kmiles on clock). And even last night one back wheel was spinning on wet leaves when trying to reverse into drive going nowhere.
        But when I moved the vehicle from cold startup on a morning last week, both back wheels spun on the gravel at same time.

wondering if the clutch plates managed to bind when the diff oil was cold ? and it actually worked for a moment. I have changed the LSD oil recently.
        maybe when the oil is cold and thick ithe khackered LSD works??
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

I've never seen a factory LSD working on a truck with over 80,000 miles on it, so reakon thats the life span of the clutch packs. COld thick oil will help them work though.

Originally posted by andycook
          Got an obervation about rear LSD diffs. Mine doesnt limited-slip anymore (150kmiles on clock). And even last night one back wheel was spinning on wet leaves when trying to reverse into drive going nowhere.
          But when I moved the vehicle from cold startup on a morning last week, both back wheels spun on the gravel at same time.

wondering if the clutch plates managed to bind when the diff oil was cold ? and it actually worked for a moment. I have changed the LSD oil recently.
          maybe when the oil is cold and thick ithe khackered LSD works??
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            I've never seen a factory LSD working on a truck with over 80,000 miles on it, so reakon thats the life span of the clutch packs. COld thick oil will help them work though.

bugger that means mine is on its last legs and with all this rain i will be needing it tomoz on the greenlane run
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
            X