No announcement yet.

Should I buy a Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior to the Surf I had a E36 328i touring with a Supercharger fitted, I have not missed it one bit! Surf ownership is a great deal less expensive, more fun and ultimately more satisfying.

The Surf is an immensly practical vehicle, and bar the headlamp bulbs, very easy to work on, parts are primaraly stinking cheep compared with VW, Audi, BMW etc.

I have a 2.4 and a 3ltr 2nd gen parked outside, both with Manual gearboxes, the 3ltr is a vastly different vehicle, and I am sure that wifey would agree with me, more fun to drive.

Best of luck with your hunting!

GTdog
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
      I sold a 2.2 vtec Prelude for a surf

Hmmmmmmm is this turning into the Ex Prelude forum - I too changed from a 2.2 vtec missile.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i was a cosworth and RS boy. strangly i dont miss them or the feeling that POINTS WIN PRIZES!!!!! maybe im slowing down in my old age...

and have you noticed we do tend to get side tracked by the colours...

BURGUNDY FOR EVER!!!
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          i was a cosworth and RS boy. strangly i dont miss them or the feeling that POINTS WIN PRIZES!!!!! maybe im slowing down in my old age...

and have you noticed we do tend to get side tracked by the colours...

BURGUNDY FOR EVER!!!

You talk alot of sense Andrew. I too had a fastish car (BMW 328i convertible). I always felt the need to go fast and race against anthing I could keep up with. I have far more fun in the Surf and I personally think it has far more charisma than a go-fast car. We've all done it but you get to the stage where speed isn't everything! (I'm only 30!) A nice cruising car that has real road presence is the ultimate. You can also modify surfs as much as you want. It's great fun continually changing the look. My advice, definitely get a Surf A.S.A.P!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This was my last car before buying 3 Surfs, I do miss it and would buy another if I had the money, but it was not practicle for every day use, so another one would be for weekend use only.

Comment

Nice car, this was mine (the women liked it!!!!!!!)
              (see if we can start an old car photo extravaganza!)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by windsurfer; 11 November 2005, 11:48.

Comment

haven't regretted getting rid of my 2001 x reg impreza turbo for my 3.0 ssrx surf, even though the rear diff broke after 10 days of owning it & having to wait 6 weeks until it was all mended. 3 axles i got sent to me & the 3rd was truly 3rd time lucky. £1400 i had to lay out until i got the right one, but still love it to bits & the smile factor is huge. here's my old impreza which i sold for the surf http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...Picture252.jpg & heres the hilux i bought http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...uk/158_531.jpg
                hi dudes

Comment

Working...
                X