Lift anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift anyone ?

Spent the last 2 days fitting an Explorer Procomp 3" lift kit . Yesterday I did the rear .
    The old springs were knackered and all the shackles and pins seized so there was no movement in the suspension . Dampers were not to bad but ES3000's fitted now .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vagrant No2; 9 November 2005, 17:36.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Today I did the front . I now have no front antiroll bar as this would mean blocks and things , but I am not bothered about it as only resticts articulation . Again all pins and shackles knackered , shocks OK but replaced with ES3000 's
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vagrant No2; 9 November 2005, 17:32.

Comment

Cool! looks like mine now.....

Comment

Before and after . I got more then I thought . Old sus must have been real bad as I gained 5" on rear and 4" on front .
        Attached Files

Comment

Found some damage I must have done at 4x4 show . Steering link well bent . Hopfully Tim is bringing one from Tony for me tonight on his way home .
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Before and after . I got more then I thought . Old sus must have been real bad as I gained 5" on rear and 4" on front .
            Man that was a saggy ass before .

That looks really good now , did you have to extend brake hoses etc ?
            http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Looks the mutts now... pics show a heck of a difference in the new/old springs....and yes even a muppet like me can see steering link is not as mr yota intended it. Good Job Good Pics

Comment

old saggy but no more!!

although liked the "hot-rod" pics - before you did the front-end lift
                looks much better now!

steering link doesnt look too happy
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Looks good my man

now how do I get my IFS that high to level my motor.
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

dear santa...

yeeeeaaah boy - now that's what I'm talking about Looks hard as nails and so much better up there. You're now making me want a 4runner damn you!!!!
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Tims got you a tie rod in the back of his truck. Looks good, must fit the 4" lift I got sitting in the garage to mine, how high will that be?!?!?

He might take awhile, now we've fitted his new matrix, and straightened out his tailgate and put a new window in, I last saw him sitting in his truck, sweating in the new found heat, watching the window go up and down and grinning!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        He might take awhile, now we've fitted his new matrix, and straightened out his tailgate and put a new window in, I last saw him sitting in his truck, sweating in the new found heat, watching the window go up and down and grinning!!

Comment

Looks great dude.....my ifs looks like this now with them springs i had made for it............
                          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Lookin' good. I bet the driving position has improved!
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                              old saggy but no more!!

although liked the "hot-rod" pics - before you did the front-end lift
                              looks much better now!

steering link doesnt look too happy
                              I took it for a drive with just the rear springs fitted . Wot a laugh ! I could only see the road about a foot in front of bonnet . Got some funny looks from passers by and some kids were pointing .

I must thank Tony for his advise over the phone , and of course Mr Patel's Insurance Co for paying for the kit .

I got the kit from www.gearedtogo.co.uk . Stuart is the owner and very good guy to deal with . Kit was £468 all in inc delivery . He was in constant contact with me to ensure the kit was correct and some other points . He can buy from Explorer UK and supply cheaper then they sell direct .
                              Would recommend him highly . I know Pops and Sumo have also dealt with him .
                              Mainly Lame River parts supplier but wants to get into other 4x4's .

Comment

Working...
                              X