Insurance with veg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance with veg

Just got off the phone to my current insurer (Elephant) and have been told in no uncertain terms that they wont insure me using veg oil!
    I have no modifications (was thinking of a fuelcat soon) but still they wouldn't have it.
    Can anyone recommend a good insurer whos happy to take vegoil users and any mods I might do in the future.
    I'm damn annoyed as I got quite a good deal (I think) so far with Elephant £367 fully comp/parked on road/34yrs old/full no claims.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Cheers Matt
    You aint seen me, right

have you tried lifesure yet
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If it was me... I would not have told them.
      My insurance..... £220, fully comp, (40 yrs young/full ncd)

Thats with Swift.com, online only.
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
        If it was me... I would not have told them.
        My insurance..... £220, fully comp, (40 yrs young/full ncd)

Thats with Swift.com, online only.
        Bit late now!
        I wanted to know that I wasn't running the risk of them not paying out if I made a claim (touch wood I wont have to). Someone posted in a vegoil thread on here about that happening to someone they knew.
        Cheers for the recommendation though
        You aint seen me, right

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Cat
          Bit late now!
          I wanted to know that I wasn't running the risk of them not paying out if I made a claim (touch wood I wont have to). Someone posted in a vegoil thread on here about that happening to someone they knew.
          Cheers for the recommendation though

Matt have a chat with lifesure on here he works for them so he might be of some help b4 you go ringing around and getting refused by to many companies
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I do not see why they need to know about the Veg oil, tell them it runs as a diesel/ bio diesel hybrid..... after all, if you have to top with fuel in a service station you can only get diesel !
            Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              Matt have a chat with lifesure on here he works for them so he might be of some help b4 you go ringing around and getting refused by to many companies
              Nice one mate, will do.
              You aint seen me, right

Comment

I think you've run into 'don't understand what your talking about so pi$$ off'

I doubt any insurance company has the option on their software for handling it, so you get fobbed off. I wouldn't worry about it.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Vegoil

Hi folks, Gary from Lifesure here. We deal with 1 insurance company who is fine with the vegoil fuel however they will not cover any resulting engine damage.

My advice to anyone doing this is to disclose it to your insurer as you don't want to run the risk of not being insured after a claim.
                  Lifesure Group
                  www.lifesure.co.uk
                  0871 7261235

Comment

Originally posted by Lifesure
                    Hi folks, Gary from Lifesure here. We deal with 1 insurance company who is fine with the vegoil fuel however they will not cover any resulting engine damage.

My advice to anyone doing this is to disclose it to your insurer as you don't want to run the risk of not being insured after a claim.
                    Hi Gary
                    Did you get my email? I sent it last night but I'm at work now so could you PM me on here.
                    Cheers Matt
                    You aint seen me, right

Comment

Do the idiots realise that Mr Diesel designed the diesel engine to run on vegetable oil? I would report them if you have already paid. Anyway I hate their adverts and always switched over to another channel when it comes on. There are loads of other insurance companies that are happy to take your money as for the life of me I cannot understadn theri reluactance. It ios not as if you are going to be using high octane etc!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01
                        Do the idiots realise that Mr Diesel designed the diesel engine to run on vegetable oil? I would report them if you have already paid. Anyway I hate their adverts and always switched over to another channel when it comes on. There are loads of other insurance companies that are happy to take your money as for the life of me I cannot understadn theri reluactance. It ios not as if you are going to be using high octane etc!
                        I think they (insurance companies) are scared of stuff they don't know about. It's easier to look away than to deal with it!
                        You aint seen me, right

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Cat
                          Hi Gary
                          Did you get my email? I sent it last night but I'm at work now so could you PM me on here.
                          Cheers Matt
                          Hi Matt, did not get your email and have only just noticed your post. Sorry! I cannot send you a PM either, I get a message stating 'not allowed' or many words to that effect! Koi can you sort it out for me?

My email address at Lifesure is gary.remus@btconnect.com.
                          Lifesure Group
                          www.lifesure.co.uk
                          0871 7261235

Comment

I might be stupid. No Comments please.

I am sure if you buy Bio Diesel from petrol station, you do not need to tell them you are using it. Although only 5% veg oil, who would really know if your using 40% etc. Also i thought insurance companies, don't pay out if your engine just breaks down or pump gets faulty, but mainly accident damage. I can understand if using electric heater that they might be concerned, but apart from that as someone else said, its just a Fob off.
                            Philip
                            Still Searching,
                            Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                            X