puddle driers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puddle driers!!!

Just fitted a set of BFG A/T's last week before setting off for a long weekend in the Lakes.
    Friday was the first day in my life that i've cheered at the forecast of heavy persistant rain.
    Surface water, puddles, flooded sections of country road - nothing threw these tyres off course. worth every penny (£78 inc vat and fitting @ 4X4 acc' and tyres - A1 Leeming bar)
    I must publicly apolgise to the two young lads out posing in their fiat punto (hawkshead sunday morning)
    the punto was entering a flooded section of country lane (5" deep).I was coming in opposite direction around 20mph, as we passed mid puddle - I saw through my rather impressive bow wave (5 - 6 foot high) that the punto's windows/sunroof were open.
    Ooooppps I thought!!!!!

I've now got a set (5 off) of dunlop grand treks with good tread left on them, that i'm going to sell, but don't know what they're worth. Any ideas? or shall i just stick them on ebay and hope for the best??
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Originally posted by jaky cakes
    the punto was entering a flooded section of country lane (5" deep).I was coming in opposite direction around 20mph, as we passed mid puddle - I saw through my rather impressive bow wave (5 - 6 foot high) that the punto's windows/sunroof were open.
    Does it make me a bad person if I laughed at this??

Comment

Don't worry DaveD.. I almost spit my tea out laughing!!!
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
        Don't worry DaveD.. I almost spit my tea out laughing!!!

OOWWWW, tea nasel wash hurts...........bl00dy funny tho...just mop up the keyboard!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

I found myself driving around just looking for large puddles on sunday.I was following a car for a bit and then was confronted by large amount of water across the whole of the road.car in front slowed down and trickled thru it.as soon as i seen it,i slammed on the brakes and waited for him to get thru,then floored it straight thru the middle.....effing brilliant
          So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Careful! The police will have you for "inconsiderate Driving" I saw that in the daily mail the other week!

Not happy with persecuting drivers for driving they now have you for driving through puddles!
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
              Careful! The police will have you for "inconsiderate Driving" I saw that in the daily mail the other week!

Not happy with persecuting drivers for driving they now have you for driving through puddles!
              lol i did think that as the wave i created went over the police car
              lucky for me he didnt have me for that
              [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X