the grin has gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the grin has gone

this is probably not the right place to post this but im desperate,after changing my fuel injection pump.the surf is still chucking out black smoke and missfiring.the injectors were tested and all are ok,the egr valve has been blocked off and the comppression was checked and all four cylinders are ok.it starts and runs fine until you rev it.now im fed up and am just about to get the gas axe to it. does anyone have a clue what to look at next.is it just a sender breaking down or a split hose.any help greatly appreciated
    www.overfab.uk

Have you change the Fuel Filter ???
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Sounds like the pump timing is out.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Have you change the Fuel Filter ???
        yea all filters and cam belt changed.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Sounds like the pump timing is out.
          the timing marks were all lined up and i lined the marks up on the pump body.do you need to time them using a dti gauge or is there any peticular way of setting them up.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Sometimes when fitting a new belt, or even re-fitting the old one, the timing marks can be spot on, but when the engine has rotated a couple of times one of the marks (normally the fuel pump) can 'jump a tooth or two because of the tensioner taking up the slack.
            To over come this, the fuel pump mark needs to be set just before the corrosponding mark on the engine, in the direction of rotation, fit the belt and release the tensioner then rotate the engine by hand a couple of revolutions and re-check the marks.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Sometimes when fitting a new belt, or even re-fitting the old one, the timing marks can be spot on, but when the engine has rotated a couple of times one of the marks (normally the fuel pump) can 'jump a tooth or two because of the tensioner taking up the slack.
              To over come this, the fuel pump mark needs to be set just before the corrosponding mark on the engine, in the direction of rotation, fit the belt and release the tensioner then rotate the engine by hand a couple of revolutions and re-check the marks.
              Hope this helps.
              cheers i will check the marks again just to make sure.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

read this thread,may give you some ideas
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16656

Comment

Originally posted by foggy
                  read this thread,may give you some ideas
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16656
                  yea read through that .the only thing i havnt checked is the tps.i'll check the timing hasnt slipped first then check the tps.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

does any one know what pins to put the meter across
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

tinted windows

hi this is the wife i have been told to rub acetone on the windows and this will remove the tints! Not working! can any one help?

Comment

It sounds really really stupid I know, but I had the same problem on a mondeo 1.8TD, that turned out to be a squashed fuel line, I know surf's are a tad higher than mondeo's but you never know!
                        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Kangorrillapigmoose
                          hi this is the wife i have been told to rub acetone on the windows and this will remove the tints! Not working! can any one help?

Hello, 'The Wife!'
                          You need to peel the tints off first using a hairdryer to help soften the adhesieve, then use the acetone (nail polish remover, cellulose thinners) to clean any residue left on the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                            It sounds really really stupid I know, but I had the same problem on a mondeo 1.8TD, that turned out to be a squashed fuel line, I know surf's are a tad higher than mondeo's but you never know!
                            thanks for that,but the fuel lines are fine i replaced them too.has anyone got the link to the test procedure for the tps.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Kangorrillapigmoose
                              try lemon juice or vinegar.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X