burning smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning smell

Off and on a smell of burning appears in the surf.I've looked under the dash and engine bay but nothing.The smell seems like wiring and the only place you can trace it to is the area by the nsr door light switch, the switch looks ok and works ok.I'm a bit worried as I can't find a fault and my kids travel in the surf.
    Any ideas
    Thanks

Originally posted by Valleys boy
    Off and on a smell of burning appears in the surf.I've looked under the dash and engine bay but nothing.The smell seems like wiring and the only place you can trace it to is the area by the nsr door light switch, the switch looks ok and works ok.I'm a bit worried as I can't find a fault and my kids travel in the surf.
    Any ideas
    Thanks
    HI THERE
    h ave you looked down near window motor, or where wires go into main body, it could earthing out.maybe. goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by Valleys boy
      Any ideas
      Thanks
      If you don't find the source then buy a fire extinguisher. It would be a shame to watch it burn for the cost of a tennar."Fire does not need to kill you to take your life away"
      Mark

Comment

if you're not that way minded than best bet would be to get an auto electrician to have a look...

ask in the local car stereo shop... they'll know one
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thanks for the replies all,i'll have to take it to autolectrician
          to be on the safe side

Comment

Working...
          X