Tinted Windows-Hate them!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinted Windows-Hate them!!

Hi again guys, my ebay surf has been delivered and apart from a few issues with the description(vendor stated it had a sunroof, but it seems to have evaporated on the journey up from slough.............) all is sort of well. I am however waiting for the police to come avisiting to take a statement from me about the vendor, as I found a nest of stolen credit cards behind the sunvisor when cleaning the car out-is this typical surf owner behaviour, do I need to develop a pattern of credit card scamming to be accepted into the gang??

The car has DARK tinted windows all round and I would very much like to lose these on the front, is the tint removable or is it a new window job?

All help appreciated and if I need new glass, I can stick the cost on the plastic

To remove the tint film, you'll need a hairdryer and a Stanley knife blade.
    Start in one of the top corners, with the window open a bit then use the blade to start un sticking the film then warm it with the hot air as you peel it off.
    Then you'll need to clean the glass with a solvent of some kind. Nail polish remover works well, or cellulose thinners.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      To remove the tint film, you'll need a hairdryer and a Stanley knife blade.
      Start in one of the top corners, with the window open a bit then use the blade to start un sticking the film then warm it with the hot air as you peel it off.
      Then you'll need to clean the glass with a solvent of some kind. Nail polish remover works well, or cellulose thinners.
      lighter fluid is also good - if you spray it in behind the tint it should help it peel off too.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

You can set fire to it as well if no hairdryer available.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Its the acetone, works great on removing tints, but don't do what Linda did last time, went and brought Acetone free nail varnish remover!!! didn't work!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Good suggestions chaps,TA! if all else fails I coud always drink the nail varnish remover and forget about the tints.............

Comment

I am however waiting for the police to come avisiting to take a statement from me about the vendor, as I found a nest of stolen credit cards behind the sunvisor when cleaning the car out-is this typical surf owner behaviour, do I need to develop a pattern of credit card scamming to be accepted into the gang??
              I always think tinted windows make the owners look dodgy. What are they hiding? Quite a bit judging by what you found.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

do hope all your numbers match!!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

NUmbers match,coppers have run the checks and are ok with the vehicle,the only fly in the ointment is the low life, lying, thieving, misrepresenting little oik I purchased the car from-never mind, CID have all of his details and are preparing to speak to him in that particular style that the met police have evolved over the years............8 bullets in the head then

Comment

Originally posted by Kangorrillapigmoose

The car has DARK tinted windows all round and I would very much like to lose these on the front, is the tint removable or is it a new window job?

All help appreciated and if I need new glass, I can stick the cost on the plastic
                    I had mine removed by some one smashing the window. having removed the tint from the back window and having to replace the front broken one. I would take the front side window out and pour very hot water over it NOT BOILING over it. This melts the glue and the whole sheet comes off in one. Then as the others have said use acetone to remove the remains of the glue.
                    Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions,will give it a go and report back!!

Comment

Working...
                      X