No claims gone!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No claims gone!!!!

Thanks to a woman who I recently had a bump with(no jokes please!)I will lose my 8 years no claims when I re insure next year.According to Direct Line my premium will rise by 15%.The accident happened on an unclassified road,met said woman on a blind bend I braked and tried to swerve out of her way,she didn't try to take evasive action and stayed slap bang in the middle of the road making no attempt whatsoever to move onto the grass verge.My car had the bottom section of mudgaurd(next to the bumper) hanging off,her car (Ford Focus)had superficial damage(no dents or scratched paintwork).Unfortunately hers was a Motability car so as you can imagine they claimed it would cost £800.00 to fix(??!!),my motor had more damage and cost £200.00 to fix(which I had to pay out of my own pocket(£350.00excess) within days of the accident coz the bumper/mudgaurd part was hanging off!).I hope the figure of 15% that DL quoted me is correct I was expecting to pay substantially more than that(my premium is currently £373.00) around £500.00,but it will prob only be around £430.00(fingers crossed)

PS. I had only had the Surf for 4days when this unfortunate incident occured,thank #### I reacted quickly or it could have been head on!
    Powered by ????

Originally posted by RobD
    Thanks to a woman who I recently had a bump with(no jokes please!)I will lose my 8 years no claims when I re insure next year.According to Direct Line my premium will rise by 15%.The accident happened on an unclassified road,met said woman on a blind bend I braked and tried to swerve out of her way,she didn't try to take evasive action and stayed slap bang in the middle of the road making no attempt whatsoever to move onto the grass verge.My car had the bottom section of mudgaurd(next to the bumper) hanging off,her car (Ford Focus)had superficial damage(no dents or scratched paintwork).Unfortunately hers was a Motability car so as you can imagine they claimed it would cost £800.00 to fix(??!!),my motor had more damage and cost £200.00 to fix(which I had to pay out of my own pocket(£350.00excess) within days of the accident coz the bumper/mudgaurd part was hanging off!).I hope the figure of 15% that DL quoted me is correct I was expecting to pay substantially more than that(my premium is currently £373.00) around £500.00,but it will prob only be around £430.00(fingers crossed)

PS. I had only had the Surf for 4days when this unfortunate incident occured,thank #### I reacted quickly or it could have been head on!
    Moral of the story.......ALWAYS protect your no claims bonus.
    You might be a good driver its the other ba*ta*ds you have to worry about !
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by RobD

BUMMER
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

just to make you feel better, i lost 3 years no claims and my insurance went up by £700!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X