White Smoke and Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Smoke and Overheating

left work today, YAY, started me smurf and great big plumes of white smoke come out the exhaust, and this repeats whenever i turn it on... not good, was sitting in traffic and started to get verrrrryyyyyy hot and heater went stone cold..

Head Gasket me thinks

only had it 5-6 weeks so took it back to the stealer and hes going to ring me monday..

what do you lot think so if he rings and gives me a load of old flannel i can tell him he's wrong.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

in cold weather mine does push out some steam but this clears in a matter of mins, but the overheating doesnt sound good..... as to what to say if the dealer says theres nowt wrong well obviously there is id then take it to an independant garage for a look at the motor and take it from there ..... ave you noticed a loss of water or the the expansion bottle blowing its guts out????
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Not good news. See post 4 here: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=white+smoke
      Mike G

Comment

saw a small loss of water the week before only about a pint. how much is in there i wouldn't like to say..

and there's 200 fags in the boot.. BUGGER!!!!!!!!
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Mine was losing about a pint and a half at a time when my head gasket went..

Comment

how much did it cost to put it right dave??
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

could someone give me a rough idea for the price to replace the head gasket?? dont know what this stealer is going to say and no intention of getting ripped off anywhere.
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Cost me an arm and a leg.....Its a long boring story....in and out of garages and they couldnt tell me what was wrong. Tony had a look over it and everything checked out. Tony recommended a compression test but he didnt have a tester at the time. I put it in to Frogs Island they confirmed CHG had gone and since they had it in bits I told them to go ahead. Eventually cost me around £1200 but I was just glad to have it back on the road. I think Tony does it for around half that but you would have to talk to him. In hindsight I should just have let the anglemeister have his wicked way with my truck. Hope this helps.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                  could someone give me a rough idea for the price to replace the head gasket?? dont know what this stealer is going to say and no intention of getting ripped off anywhere.
                  Same thing happend to me over 12 months ago lucky I took out extra insurance when I bought my surf my bill would have cost £2500 but I thing there is a guy called Stevo on this forum who will sort out you beast a lot cheeper try buy sending him a message.

hope this helps

steve
                  The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Still waiting to hear from the dealer i bought it from...

i know they stripping it down but not mentioned money yet so sounds like they taking full responsibilty. but ill still keep fingers crossed!!!
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

its a bugger when they are laid up.....though your cheeks will be aching for weeks when you get it back..........

Comment

Working...
                      X