Who has the most milage on thier Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheeprus
    I am just curious as to how long you can make these wee beasties last. I only have 154,000 km on mine (2.4TD) so it's just starting to get warm. I'm just curious to see how has the highest? Might be interesting to see which derivative achives the biggest numbers!!

Hi,
    In 2004, we roadtested a 2.4 on a J plate , which had 297 thousand on clock... Kp's or Miles, some mileage eh ?it was NOT original clutch, but gearbox and engine block was (second hand /head BTW)...It was british registered...and had been used on airports originally, a very hard "terrain" for vehicles' drive trains...This was the car that "andy from polegate" said on another forum "was not comparable with a surf", and we should not have quoted our findings, well, tough !! I come from a different "school"..

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
      Hi,
      In 2004, we roadtested a 2.4 on a J plate , which had 297 thousand on clock... Kp's or Miles, some mileage eh ?it was NOT original clutch, but gearbox and engine block was (second hand /head BTW)...It was british registered...and had been used on airports originally, a very hard "terrain" for vehicles' drive trains...This was the car that "andy from polegate" said on another forum "was not comparable with a surf", and we should not have quoted our findings, well, tough !! I come from a different "school"..
      eh???

my old truck i got replaced last year had gone round the clock... think it had got to about 1,100,000kms... on original clutch, gearbox and engine... it had a new intercooler, radiator and alternator though... and the chassis was pretty rusty.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hi,
        Excellent!! I don't really think it matters if the heads have been changed or if the clutch has been changed that's still excellent milage!!
        I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          eh???

my old truck i got replaced last year had gone round the clock... think it had got to about 1,100,000kms... on original clutch, gearbox and engine... it had a new intercooler, radiator and alternator though... and the chassis was pretty rusty.
          Ladies and gentlemen and surfers, looks like we have a winner!!

Is it blue?
          I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Mines got 79,000kms, is that a lot?

Comment

My 1st gen has 231,000km's on it, Linda's truck has just cruised through 100,000 miles.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

my 1st gen has 270,103km (167,834mi) on it and my 3rd gen has about 173,500km (107,808mi) on it.

Last edited by Rob; 5 November 2005, 23:28.

Comment

Hi,

Maybe you could enlighten me of what forum this was, and exactly what it was that I said, because I don't know what the **** your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    Maybe you could enlighten me of what forum this was, and exactly what it was that I said, because I don't know what the **** your talking about.
                    Hi andy,
                    Oh yes, you remember, on the toyota threads, of difflock.com forum...do you want further details ? Just thought your response THEN was a bit mean considerin the only experience we had with toyota's was working on them - and we were considering ownership..that's all..you certainly put us off that four runner....

peter

Comment

Mine has done 23,000 miles, gonna take it in for its first service soon!
                      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

past its mot yesterday never had to do a thing to it,can not beleve it, straight through second year in a row, yet the surf proves to be completley reliable at 167000km which 52000 i have done.
                        colin

Comment

Working...
                        X