Puddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puddles

It rained a lot tonight and I did puddles.

They were quite big, but the thing was that when I went through them I got covered in water and couldn't see the road for a couple of secs, wasn't expecting that!

Nothing was coming, slow single-track road with no headlights approaching, so no potential probs except for keeping to the road at speed (15 mph)

I just wanted to share my first puddle experience

I am normally a clean Surfer, but I did enjoy it

P

When you get old the puddle thing can get embarrasing !!

Beware.

Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

what did you expect to happen???

worse when it's mud, you're doing 50mph, the car starts going sideways, you lose all sense of dirction and when it does clear, you're getting uncomfotably close to a tree!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        what did you expect to happen???

worse when it's mud, you're doing 50mph, the car starts going sideways, you lose all sense of dirction and when it does clear, you're getting uncomfotably close to a tree!
        i did notice Surfs do direct water up over themselves

not good when you see it wash over the sunroof
        first thing i found out about puddle jumping is wipers on full then jump
        [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Try "RAINEX" from most motor stores. It's a bit expensive but probably the best motoring accesory i've ever tried in my 20years or so of motoring.
          water just beads of your windscreen like freshly polished paintwork.
          You can drive in a heavy downpour without your wipers and see clear as day. especially good at night or overtaking big trucks.
          Also good in winter - makes clearing snow and ice from windows easy.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

RainX is great, you can get stuff to smear on your windscreen or an additive to put in your washer bottle.

However the Surf is like an Atlantic Trawler in a force 8 when it comes to getting water over it. Even a small puddle goes over the roof and makes you feel like you are sinking - Great fun if you don't mind not seeing where you are going - even RainX can't keep up with that one.

Comment

I went to school with a girl who's nickname was "puddles".................can' t remember why though