Fuel Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Economy

Just aquired a 1994 SSR-G 3.0 Turbo Diesel, been running it for a week now and seem to be getting about 32mpg - is this about right ? (first time 4x4 driver, very much a novice - already discovered some wonderful bits of information off the site, and hope to continue doing so.)

You will probably find that the odometer reads in kilometers not miles, most people seem to get between 23 -26 mpg.
    John
    Oh and Welcome
    [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
    [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Nope, all clocks changed when imported. So Mph on Speedo and Miles on odometer.
      Been doing two runs a day approx `15miles, o/d engaged two wheel drive, mainly motorway miles (70 ish mph)

Comment

How many miles are you getting to the tank and how much fuel are you putting in. I would like to do the calcs.

Ta

Rich.

Mine does about 22-24!
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Toyotas official figures for a 3.0lt TD 4Runner are 25 urban, 32 at 56mph.

Our V6 does 1 or 2 MPG better than the official figures (17.5 and 26.6) so you're doing OK.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Didn't want to run dry, so I filled up just after the quater tank mark (to be on the safe side).

What size tank does one of these babies have is it a 60 ltr ?

Rich,
            the numbers Ive got are as follows:-

342 miles on 48.65 Lts.
            Working out on 4.54 Lts to the gallon, that gives 10.72 Gallon used.

342/10.72 = 31.9

The motor had just had a full service (oil, filters etc), and I've worked the figures based on fill up last week to fill up this week.

I'll keep you all posted as the weeks go on to see if it deteriorates, it is only week one after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf n Surf
              Didn't want to run dry, so I filled up just after the quater tank mark (to be on the safe side).

Rich,
              the numbers Ive got are as follows:-

342 miles on 48.65 Lts.
              Working out on 4.54 Lts to the gallon, that gives 10.72 Gallon used.

342/10.72 = 31.9

The motor had just had a full service (oil, filters etc), and I've worked the figures based on fill up last week to fill up this week.

I'll keep you all posted as the weeks go on to see if it deteriorates, it is only week one after all.
              That is good, maybe I had just better control my right foot!

Is yours a manual?
              Last edited by rich; 30 November 2003, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf n Surf

You'll have a 65lt tank if it came from the factory with 215 size tyres, or 71 liters if it came with 265 (most did)
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  You'll have a 65lt tank if it came from the factory with 215 size tyres, or 71 liters if it came with 265 (most did)
                  Hmmm, ran mine down to 60 litres the other day and it had trouble starting! Still ran mind you, but got a bit exciting until I found a garage

Comment

Got 28.25 mpg from my last fill, similar spec to yours but with intercooler.
                    July 96 SSR-G with 265/70/16s

John
                    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Alex,
                      I cant comment on mpg as mines a 2.4, but I'm hi-jacking your thread to say Hi, as I'm just down the road from you in Bury. There a quite a few in the area (at least 6 within a mile of me) but you are the nearest to use the forum. Heres a pic of mine. I get into Rammy quite often, if you pass me give me a flash, (ooh err mrs)
                      Pete
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X