Flares... !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flares... !!!

Not the hideous trouser kind, ..... warning/distress flares, my Surfy has one, on the passenger kicker plate, anyone else got one, cant be legal surely ??
    I own a boat and we get alsorts of bother buying them and installing them in boats, health and safety stuff.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
    Not the hideous trouser kind, ..... warning/distress flares, my Surfy has one, on the passenger kicker plate, anyone else got one, cant be legal surely ??
    I own a boat and we get alsorts of bother buying them and installing them in boats, health and safety stuff.
    as far as i know that those flares should be handed in to the old bill then they dispose of them
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      as far as i know that those flares should be handed in to the old bill then they dispose of them
      Pah, more fun to do it at home!

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ighlight=flare

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        trouble i got a copper just moved next door to me and i don't think he will be amused
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          trouble i got a copper just moved next door to me and i don't think he will be amused
          Save it for Nov 5th, unlike the ****ers round my way who have been letting fireworks off for three weeks, so far. I thought the law had been changed.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Yeah let it off Nov 5th and no one will know the difference.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

still go mine been there since i got smurf over 4yrs ago as for out of date boat flares we let them off on 5th nov no problem

Comment

Hi Its a wonder your surf got through with the flare attached, apparantly
                every driver in Japan has to carry them, Fire it on the 5th or chuck on the local yobs bonfire and stand clear, Ian
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                  Hi Its a wonder your surf got through with the flare attached, apparantly
                  every driver in Japan has to carry them, Fire it on the 5th or chuck on the local yobs bonfire and stand clear, Ian
                  Do I chuck on a yob first ? then the flare..... need to get this right.
                  Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

I still got one and i am the second owner .. i do not think they fire a flare , but are road markers for accidents but i think i will see anyway..
                    john..
                    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by paul jones
                      still go mine been there since i got smurf over 4yrs ago as for out of date boat flares we let them off on 5th nov no problem
                      Yeah great fun! Had about 30 marine flares to get rid of one Bonfire night. You should remember to take parachute maroons well inland though- even on November the 5th!

Comment

they just burn with a red flame... nothing shoots out... pretty boring really... just like a candle, but a bit fiercer!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

As stated in Japan I believe they have to have a flare for breakdown....like you see in the yank movies...they use flare in the road to warn others of the breakdown
                          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            As stated in Japan I believe they have to have a flare for breakdown....like you see in the yank movies...they use flare in the road to warn others of the breakdown
                            What if you light the flare......................... .....................and nobody drives down the road for the next half an hour?

I'll stick with flashing me flasher..................and me red triangle.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I've still got one in the motor too. Nobody seems to check them these days when Surfs come into the country with them still attached. Suppose importers just take them out when they vehicle checked out at VOSA centres.

I know they switched tyres on mine and put Euro tyres on for test. So I just changed 'em myself to good old BFGs
                              Live for Today

Comment

Working...
                              X