Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defected from the chrokee to the surf

hi all, just saying hi,
    i get me 1994 red 3.0 next week when it gets through the sva test . cant wait. i've had a cherokee for the last year and unfortunatley it died . this defection to the surf is something i've been looking forward to .
    cheers
    IIIrd

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your good taste. Enjoy the free accessory that comes with the Surf - the big bolt-on grin.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
      hi all, just saying hi,
      i get me 1994 red 3.0 next week when it gets through the sva test . cant wait. i've had a cherokee for the last year and unfortunatley it died . this defection to the surf is something i've been looking forward to .
      cheers
      IIIrd

if it's a 1994 it will not need a SVA test, only vehicles under 10 years old need that.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

interesting...its been sold as a 94 L, maybe its just the registration. either way, the red monster will be mine in a week. any one want an lpg system?...comes with a free jeep

Comment

bolt on grin is already on

Comment

interesting...its been sold as a 94 L, maybe its just the registration. either way, the red monster will be mine in a week. any one want an lpg system?...comes with a free jeep
            Heh heh, how much? I've been thinking (that's all, until I'm rich) about a diesel lpg conversion.

Anyway, congrats on the swap, and welcome.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
              Heh heh, how much? I've been thinking (that's all, until I'm rich) about a diesel lpg conversion.

Anyway, congrats on the swap, and welcome.

Diesel LPG conversion?? Sounds like a hoot!
              I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
                Diesel LPG conversion?? Sounds like a hoot!
                http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/lpgsys.html#lpg
                http://www.ilovesponge.com/spongecars/diesel/diesel.htm

Seems to be about £1800ish. The two highlights are reduced fuel consumption, and increased performance.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

i got a feeling it wont work. i'm not technical so if i'm wrong please excuse me.
                  the system is a prinz multi point . its capable of 8 cylinders but is rigged for 6. it was installed by the green fuel co. they do say that they don't do diesels. why? dunno i'm afraid. but if you want a go at it, and fancy the dead jeep attached to it, make me an offer. the lpg is 1 yr old, the jeep is a 1997 "P" , head gasket blown majorly.
                  i'm seriously considering running the surf on veg oil, dunno yet....depends on zer money.
                  7 more shopping days left till surf day , and counting

Comment

i got a feeling it wont work. i'm not technical so if i'm wrong please excuse me.
                    the system is a prinz multi point . its capable of 8 cylinders but is rigged for 6. it was installed by the green fuel co. they do say that they don't do diesels. why? dunno i'm afraid. but if you want a go at it, and fancy the dead jeep attached to it, make me an offer. the lpg is 1 yr old, the jeep is a 1997 "P" , head gasket blown majorly.
                    i'm seriously considering running the surf on veg oil, dunno yet....depends on zer money.
                    7 more shopping days left till surf day , and counting
                    As I said, when I'm rich. The way my finances are at the moment, I could probably stretch to about a tenner.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

i know the feeling
                      the jeep dying is the last thing i needed, but i got a surf now so all is good in the world (untill the payments are due)

Comment

Working...
                      X