No announcement yet.

Surf MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18mpg in the fastest colour (BLACK) and in the best kind of surf PETROL power!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
      18mpg in the fastest colour (BLACK) and in the best kind of surf PETROL power!!!!!!
      23-26mpg from my 2.4 TD, that's country driving on Irish roads.
      Towing a load of 2.2 ton at a motorway speed of 50-55 mph I do about 15mpg. And that includes the hills on the way to Fishguard
      I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
        23-26mpg from my 2.4 TD, that's country driving on Irish roads.
        Towing a load of 2.2 ton at a motorway speed of 50-55 mph I do about 15mpg. And that includes the hills on the way to Fishguard
        The best colour is naturally Blue
        I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

£40 lasts me roughly two days going to work and back........deep respect to all youse guys who can keep her down to 65 on long runs..........

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            just a thought but how do you test it over 100 miles?
            You can't.

The 24.7mpg I quoted was measured over 12,000 miles (on and offroad, towing etc.) so I reckon it's a good enough figure to bandy around (as opposed to the I got xxxx mpg on a trip to yyyyy- type of mpg that often gets quoted). However- put a different driver in my car and you'd get yet another mpg figure due to driving style.........

Comment

Blue is Best
              24mpg around town and back and to to work.
              Devon in the summer fully loaded at a constant 75mph and I averaged 31ish to the gallon.
              Not bad for a 3.0lt 2Tn Truck.

Just buy one and enjoy it ! I did and don't regret it. The only piece of advice I'd give is take your time and look at as many as you can. I looked at a 2.4 a couple of years back and talked myself out of it, finally took the plunge this year and got the 3.0. I looked at 15 - 20 before coming across the one I've now got.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][B]PJH[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Mine is aBLUE metallic SSRG, with front A bar and fog lights (wind resistance).

It seems to vary quite a lot what it does to a gallon . I always fill it right to the very top of the brim, and re-fuel when the pointer is on the 1/4 mark. It does between 360-420Kms (mine is in Kms hour) I worked it out once and it does about 23MPG . Long runs can considerably increase the MPG . At the end of the day it's a thirsty truck, and it doesn't really matter what you try and do, it still drinks diesel like an oil tanker. :
                Last edited by M35A2; 3 November 2005, 14:11.

Comment

Groan.
                  Attached Files
                  mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Silver is the real deal!!!!!!!!!!

Go for the 3L, 3rd generation (from 1996 onwards), they are the best. I don't think the 2.4's have enough power. You should get between 20-25mpg. Just enjoy it though, if you are after economy do not get one, if you're after an amazing truck with a bomb proof engine that will keep going, this is the truck for you! If you look hard enough you should pick one up for between £6500-£8000, keep checking out the forum, I picked up mine here and there are some really knowledgeable people who will share advice!
                    Good luck!
                    Windsurfer

Comment

Buy a good but cheap 2.4, and then using all the cash youve saved by not buying a 3rd gen, go out and get a used but good one careful lady owner guv ! "toy car". Use the Surf for weekends, fun etc, and use the silly little car for school runs, trips to shops etc. That way you get a Surf that will last you for a very very long time and give you years and many hours/ miles of fun motoring and the mpg thing becomes much less of an issue as youve got the roller skate type car to tootle round the place in.

If the MPG thing is really an issue however, then forget the SURF altogether. Its big, its hungry and whether it does 22.3 mpg average or 24.7 or whatever then youre always going to hate top up time.

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Well this has got to be a first!!!! No ones mension'd the HEAD yet
                        or did i miss it/
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

and don't forget when you do get your surf you must get it MUDDY it's a must and don't forget to post some pics
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                            Buy a good but cheap 2.4, and then using all the cash youve saved by not buying a 3rd gen, go out and get a used but good one careful lady owner guv ! "toy car". Use the Surf for weekends, fun etc, and use the silly little car for school runs, trips to shops etc. That way you get a Surf that will last you for a very very long time and give you years and many hours/ miles of fun motoring and the mpg thing becomes much less of an issue as youve got the roller skate type car to tootle round the place in.

If the MPG thing is really an issue however, then forget the SURF altogether. Its big, its hungry and whether it does 22.3 mpg average or 24.7 or whatever then youre always going to hate top up time.

Bogus
                            YEA buy a cheap 2.4 like the 1 i got 4 sale 3grand and it's your, obvious in the fastest colour BLUE very smart ray engineering blue alloy wheels even the back window works good head on it never had a problem with anything on it, serviced and belt changed only 62000miles
                            Attached Files
                            lets go get dirty...

Comment

Working...
                            X