ebay spoof email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay spoof email?

Anyone ever came across this one?Receive email from an "ebay member" stating that "the package has not arrived,what happened?If I don't hear from you ASAP Iwill be reporting you to ebay".No item number or description of the "item" is given on this email,which looks like an ebay email with respond now button etc.I have never heard of the member in question either (rivernick).What do you reckon,is it a spoof?
    Powered by ????

Originally posted by RobD
    Anyone ever came across this one?Receive email from an "ebay member" stating that "the package has not arrived,what happened?If I don't hear from you ASAP Iwill be reporting you to ebay".No item number or description of the "item" is given on this email,which looks like an ebay email with respond now button etc.I have never heard of the member in question either (rivernick).What do you reckon,is it a spoof?

definately just report it to ebay (although nothing will ever be done by it) if you want or just ignore it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

its normally all ****, I got one saying this is your paypal recipt, you've payed 'so and so' money via paypal, click on this link etc to go to paypal.......

They hope you'll think 'eek, I didn't do that and go to paypal or ebay using their duff links that take you to their website and dump a load of virus or stuff on your PC or take you money.

If you put the cursor over the link, the address is not a paypal URL. yours is probably the same.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X