Igniton lights stayed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igniton lights stayed on

Last week when i reversed my caravan into it's parking place I switched off the ignition on my surf but the dashboard lights stayed on, so i switched the ignition back on then off and they were ok.Haven't had a problem since with that but had a burning smell inside surf yesterday and cannot find the source.
    Any ideas if they could be linked everything working ok or at least seems ok
    cheers all

Mine has done that a couple of times.
    Do you have a turbo timer fitted?

Comment

Sometimes a faulty alternator can cause that to happen . Only dealt with a couple of vehicles do it over the years . The diode pack in the alternator goes a bit dodgy . Check the charge rate , this may show no charge although the light goes out when engine runs .
      On Tam's old car the alternator went into reverse charge and was putting out 13.5v but the wrong way round .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Haven't got turbo timer fitted will get alternator tested
        cheers fellas

Comment

I have had it before when the 110amp/hr battery fitted in the trailer powered the car (different car and trailer since then). I'd check that you have a relay fitted in the trailer electrics, the battery charge and the fridge feed should switch off when you turn off the ignition. Also check that your caravan power supply switch was switched to use the car battery, or off, and not run off the caravan battery.
          Of course this is just a theory, and I could be talking complete rubbish.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
            I have had it before when the 110amp/hr battery fitted in the trailer powered the car (different car and trailer since then). I'd check that you have a relay fitted in the trailer electrics, the battery charge and the fridge feed should switch off when you turn off the ignition. Also check that your caravan power supply switch was switched to use the car battery, or off, and not run off the caravan battery.
            Of course this is just a theory, and I could be talking complete rubbish.
            Good point .Sounds possible to me .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Good point .Sounds possible to me .
              What Maverick said, or that he was talking rubbish?
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X