Time To Go . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Go . . .

My day has come. I have to sell my Surf.

Fuel cost and road tax are too high. I'll have to get a Micra/Starlet-type car for commuting. We'll keep the Corolla as the family car for now.

We're expecting baby #3 in January and will need to watch the pennies a bit more closely.

My band is getting a few paid gigs now, so with some luck I'll get a few bob together in the future for another car that I like.

I'm really happy I owned the Surf - easily my favourite vehicle I've had (Discovery & VTR1000F included), and ownership has been VERY rewarding - I've really enjoyed working on it and I've learned a lot, particularly from the good stuff on here.

It failed the NCT last Wednesday on worn track rod ends. I'll replace them with ones from Milner and get her retested and put her up for sale. Any tips on replacing the TREs?

Now, time to find a Toyota Picnic forum!

Seriously, can anyone comment on Toyota Picnics? (It's gotta be a Toyota - no Renault/Opel dung).

Mark
    :

Sad news indeed. Have you thought of getting the rest of the band to chip in. Makes a good transporter for all the gear?!?!? Might be an answer to keeping it.
    You aint seen me, right

Comment

then use bio diesel and possibly a fuel cat to acheive a 30 - 35 mpg equivolent ?

I'm in a simillar boat at the mo, got an 80 mile RT and am looking for ways to keep hold of the beast. Cant face another vehicle unless its a hilux or landcruiser....but the latter is certainly out of the Q.
      Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Hi,

I know this was ages ago. My good wife was so pleased (and surprised) that the Surf passed after the TREs (from Milners) went on, that she said we may as well keep it for the two years it's now NCT'd for! It's taxed & insured till October or so this year.

Flysurfer-Edy, what's this about bio-diesel and a fuel cat? Just put a fuel cat in the tank and fill up with bio-diesel? No conversion work?

Mark

PS: We had baby Jessie on 16th December - 3 weeks early. All well & healthy.
        :

Comment

pour veg oil from tesco into the fuel tank.a fuel cat goes under the bonnet and pre heats fuel and does summat scientific to fuel,making it burn better.there 120plus vat

check out 4x4 toys.

they better sort me out for this promo!!

Comment

Working...
          X