What else can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else can I do?

I have recently bought a 1996 (well 1997 really as it was registered on the 31st december!) 3rd gen SSRG. I have an A bar, 2 large spots and two small, new stainless steel spare wheel cover, am getting a sony xplod sound system and will get a personal plate. I am now at the stage of thinking, 'What else can I do?' I love the truck and really want it to stand out (even more than it already does!). I have looked into a 2 inch lift but from reading other threads, it doesn't seem to raise it that much visually. Any ideas? I've even thought about trying to get hold of blue recaros to match my spots and blue LED's for the alarm and immob. Advise from old pro surfers would be much appreciated from this virgin surf pup!
    Cheers
    Windsurfer

Have you removed the side steps? makes a huge difference to the look.

Comment

Depends on what kind of look you are after?! Do you want the aggressive 4x4 look or do you want bling bling street cruiser or a bit of both? Cos you can go as far as you want...

Agg 4x4 - remove the sidesteps, jack it up, get some chunky tyres, remove the lower front bumper valance and rear bumper, roofrack with spots, ladder, etc, snorkel? winch? ARB front bumper?

For bling, bling - have it blown a lairy colour, shiny chrome wheels, window tints, custom graphics, neons etc. You can also go as mad as you want on the internals such as custom interior, tvs etc.

I changed the alloys on my truck from the standard Surf ones to some larger 7 spoke chrome ones I got off ebay and it changed the appearance massively. It also raised the truck by about 2 inches. You can see it in the Members Rigs.

It really depends on how big your budget is and how far you want to go?!
      Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

why not stick an in-dash t.v/dvd in the second hole on the dash, i've also stuck in a explod system and am looking for a in dash bit of kit at the right price. have a look here www.tgincar.co.uk they've got some decent stuff.
        cheers

Comment

What else can I do?

how about taking it out and getting it covered in MUD
          thats the best and cheapest mod i know
          and you get a great buzz doing it too
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by windsurfer
            'What else can I do?'
            paint it pink

Comment

Originally posted by the careful driver
              paint it pink
              Can they practice on YOURS ?????

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

sling a load of stickers on it!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Stick a Skoda on the front!
                  Everyone notices you then!
                  Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                  X