Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Hilux Surf KZN185 SSR-G

Hello,

I am just about to purchase a 1995 KZN185 SSR-G. I have not seen many 1995 models as the KZN185 models seem to start at 1996. The vehicle is priced at £6,500 and is in very nice condition and just 86,000km. It has all the usual gadgets including recaro seats.

My questions are:

1. Is the price right?

2. Are there any know problems with the first KZN185 models I should be aware of. I have always been wary of purchsing the first of a model change.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

[QUOTE=Mergy]Hello,

I am just about to purchase a 1995 KZN185 SSR-G. I have not seen many 1995 models as the KZN185 models seem to start at 1996. The vehicle is priced at £6,500 and is in very nice condition and just 86,000km. It has all the usual gadgets including recaro seats.

My questions are:

1. Is the price right?

2. Are there any know problems with the first KZN185 models I should be aware of. I have always been wary of purchsing the first of a model change.

Thanks for your help.

i dident think the 3rd gen come out till 96 as well but will probely be told iam wrong
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

[QUOTE=Mergy]Hello,

My questions are:

1. Is the price right?

Thanks for your help.
      Kind Regards (QUOTE)

Hi,
      Q1, Seems a very competitive price - it's all about condition inside outside and driveability...test drive a good range of conditions 2wd /4wd on road off road BEFORE you buy...if that's not available to you. look elsewhere..
      Q2, No known problems....they built nearly 7000 -yup seven thousand- 3rd gen surfs before end of December 1995....mine is one of 'em.
      Gud luk whatever you decide...

Peter

Comment

The 96 surf gen 3 started production in 95, I think most of the earlier one came without the spoiler with the reverse mirror on it.

I bought mine back in June for £5200 but with 97k miles on the clock and a small dent on the tailgate.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. Unfortunetly I can't drive before I buy as it is still on the ship which arrives 3/11. It has the spoiler with mirror (which I understand is useless because of the spare wheel) The only thing it doesn't have is the wood dash and sunroof which I can live without.

I think I will go for it :-)

Originally posted by Newboy
          The 96 surf gen 3 started production in 95, I think most of the earlier one came without the spoiler with the reverse mirror on it.

I bought mine back in June for £5200 but with 97k miles on the clock and a small dent on the tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mergy
            Thanks for the info. Unfortunetly I can't drive before I buy as it is still on the ship which arrives 3/11. It has the spoiler with mirror (which I understand is useless because of the spare wheel) The only thing it doesn't have is the wood dash and sunroof which I can live without.

I think I will go for it :-)
            Don't know who told you that? I use mine sometimes for hitching up or reversing upto objects. I have a spare on the rear also.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
              Don't know who told you that? I use mine sometimes for hitching up or reversing upto objects. I have a spare on the rear also.

Andy
              Well I know I've complained about it before
              Wouldn't say its totally useless, but it would certainly be of far greater benefit to those without the rear mounted spare which blocks half the mirror view.
              I'm currently carrying my spare in the boot (due to a rattly carrier hinge) and it has transformed the mirror from kinda handy in some circumstances, to excellent. I can now reverse to within an inch of a wall or parked car without fear, where previously the mirror could not show the furthest extremity of the vehicle, ie the back of the spare wheel.

So not exactly useless, but nowhere near as useful as it is fancy.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
              X