Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced notice of Forum Down

All.

Next Tuesday 25th October, we will be taking the forum down for 1/2 day to transfer over to the new server. It will take this time to transfer the current forum threads and messages over to the new instance of the forum so please bear with us. I will then transfer the domain names and the gallery pictures and databases.

If you have posted some attachments and they don't instantly appear again please bear with us as it will take some time to compy these across as well.

We are moving to the new server because of capacity issues on the current one and especially the amount of bandwidth that we are using - the current arrangement costs an absolute fortune every month as we exceed our bandwidth allowance by at least double. The new server will put us back in the black.

We are also going to take this opportunity to transfer the www.hiluxsurf.co.uk domain over to this server as it is currently only forwarded from another domain name provider. This will make the whole thing work a lot better.

You will also notice that the colors change a little on the front page - just thought that a little change is good and also the forum will now appear uner www.hiluxsurf.co.uk instead of yotasurf although the current domain names will continue for a while yet.

Hopefully the new changes will make the whole site look more nailed together.

Cheers
    Last edited by Koi; 20 December 2005, 10:02.

I will be taking down the site from 9:30 this morning to change over to the new server. Hopefully the whole procedure should be completed in about 3 hours.

Comment

Well a few problems have been encountered on the new server. Hardware and software so we are back on the old server. Sorry but we are back to the posts that were on on 25th as the two backups that were done on the new server are fubarred.

As soon as I have got the new server working again then I will transfer back again but probably not for a week or so as I need to soak test it once it is working, don't want to go down the blind alley I have just been down.

OH WELL S**T HAPPENS.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Well a few problems have been encountered on the new server. Hardware and software so we are back on the old server. Sorry but we are back to the posts that were on on 25th as the two backups that were done on the new server are fubarred.

As soon as I have got the new server working again then I will transfer back again but probably not for a week or so as I need to soak test it once it is working, don't want to go down the blind alley I have just been down.

OH WELL S**T HAPPENS.
        And it was all going so well ........ don't you just love computers Good luck!
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Yes don't you just. I'd tear my hair out if I had any left

Comment

Fear ye not, i remember how this went;

i said "it should look like my site without the Harlyesque graphic"
            Tony said "(something ammusing but i cant remember exactly)"
            The slug bloke said "something about the gin union"
            i said "something about the tonic union"
            Lucky said "(technical stuff) thanks but going for our own (technical stuff)"
            Then i went to sleep.

See, nothing got lost
            www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

but i had more posts than marky yesterday!!

the amount of **** i had to think of to get there too!!

i need to sleep!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                but i had more posts than marky yesterday!!

the amount of **** i had to think of to get there too!!

i need to sleep!
                aaaaaaaahhhh Bless
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X