Japanese vehicle recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese vehicle recalls

There was a letter in the Telegraph motoring supplement yesterday about a NZ site that has translated the Japanese transport department recalls database into English. Only 3 listed for Surfs but might be of general interest http://dogandlemon.com/site/japanese-vehicle-recalls/
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Good find, that'll cheer the 2.4 clan up, the only models mentioned are some 3.0TD's for a rubber bung and V6's for the head gaskets that we all know about and dodgy ball joints.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

once again my chasis number isnt one of them..I got a LN61
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Good find, that'll cheer the 2.4 clan up, the only models mentioned are some 3.0TD's for a rubber bung and V6's for the head gaskets that we all know about and dodgy ball joints.

can you give us numbnuts a clue re these bungs please?
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires

Description: The rubber plug (for coolant), which is on the left side of the engine, may crack due to its insufficient heat resistance, causing coolant to leak. At worst, this can lead to engine overheat.

How to fix the problem:
          If the serial/lot number on the engine matches 0174729 - 0378000, the rubber plugs should be replaced with the factory approved replacement units. How can you tell if the problem has already been checked and/or fixed on your vehicle?
          yellow paint on the top part of the intake manifold

you'll have to check your chassis number against the list though
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
            here you go numbnuts .......

http://carinf.mlit.go.jp/jidosha/car...ger?No=1104741

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
              There was a letter in the Telegraph motoring supplement yesterday about a NZ site that has translated the Japanese transport department recalls database into English. Only 3 listed for Surfs but might be of general interest http://dogandlemon.com/site/japanese-vehicle-recalls/

So what happens if my vehicle is one of these recalls? Do I get the work done for free and free replacement parts from Toyota, or do you have to pay for the privillage of having your factory fitted defected steering changed??

Comment

Don't all rush at once to answer my question from earlier!!

No matter anyway, been out and checked mine. Has brand new steering rod etc fitted with yellow paint to the right of the VIN plate, so I'm ok.

Comment

Working...
                X