Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf info needed

Hi Guys

I'm new on here and dont know much about surf's other than the fact that they are one of the best looking 4 x 4 cars I seen around and I hear that modifications are readily available to customise your surf.

I used to have a LWB Pajero but had to sell it and am now looking to get another 4 x 4.

I'm looking at buying one and could do with some advice if anyone would like to help me out.

Firstly what's the difference between the different ssr-? models I've seen ssr-x's and ssr-g's etc but I dont actually know what all that means.

Secondly if i had £4'000 to play with and spent it wisely expecting the most for my money what should I be able to pick up and where's the best place to look?

Are there any common problems that I sould be looking out for that some sellers may try and hide?

I'm looking at doing alot of driving on the continent so good fuel consumption is a must, which is better on long journeys the 2.5 or the 3.0 (air con's always nice too)?

Any one who can give me any advice would be absolutley great.

I look forward to all the replies..

Thanks...

Originally posted by Surffan
    Hi Guys

I'm new on here and dont know much about surf's other than the fact that they are one of the best looking 4 x 4 cars I seen around and I hear that modifications are readily available to customise your surf.

I used to have a LWB Pajero but had to sell it and am now looking to get another 4 x 4.

I'm looking at buying one and could do with some advice if anyone would like to help me out.

Firstly what's the difference between the different ssr-? models I've seen ssr-x's and ssr-g's etc but I dont actually know what all that means.

Secondly if i had £4'000 to play with and spent it wisely expecting the most for my money what should I be able to pick up and where's the best place to look?

Are there any common problems that I sould be looking out for that some sellers may try and hide?

I'm looking at doing alot of driving on the continent so good fuel consumption is a must, which is better on long journeys the 2.5 or the 3.0 (air con's always nice too)?

Any one who can give me any advice would be absolutley great.

I look forward to all the replies..

Thanks...

Welcome aboard !

Models vary , ssr ltd is the lowest spec then ssrv, ssrx, ssrx ltd then ssrg.
    Every one is different. Try the search function at the top of the page.

4k will get you a nice 2.4 that's had the head done or poss a 2nd gen 3 litre on ebay if your lucky.

As for problems , make sure the head's been done if your buying a 2.4, or see pop's advert in the for sale section, he's got a good trusty motor for sale.
    Aopart from the head just be sure to check everything you would normaly check when buying a car.

MPG on the 2.4 and 3 liter are much the same, but it will drop if you have a heavy foot.

Insurance varies, check the sticky at the top of the page for FAQ's.

The search button will provide you with all the info you need.

Andy.

Ps, congratulations on getting rid of the Paj**o !
    Last edited by bobafatass; 14 October 2005, 15:24.

Comment

Working...
    X