Washer nozzles keep clogging up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer nozzles keep clogging up.

Is it because I am in a hard water area? Is it the ****py screen wash additive I used last Winter?
    I have poked them out with fine wire. I have blown compressed air back down them. I have had all the tubes off and washed them through.
    I was considering Cillit Bang in the washer bottle but I'm not sure what it would do to the paintwork.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Is it because I am in a hard water area? Is it the ****py screen wash additive I used last Winter?
    I have poked them out with fine wire. I have blown compressed air back down them. I have had all the tubes off and washed them through.
    I was considering Cillit Bang in the washer bottle but I'm not sure what it would do to the paintwork.
    DO NOT use Cillit bang it will stain and burn the paintwork . Flush out the washer bottle and re fill with melted ice cubes and screen wash fluid . Battery water(distilled water) if you have no ice cubes .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I'm sure you can buy a water softening additive.

Comment

just no fairy liquid...

obvious really but does clog up the jets.

<sticking my tuppeneth in>
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I'm sure you can buy a water softening additive.
          Yes, but it's just calcium phosphate, which will leave white marks on your paintwork as it dries out.

THe ice-cube trick doesn't really work - the hardness salts in the water get frozen into the ice-cubes.
          This one does work - do you have a condensing tumble dryer (ie one with a tank that collects the water)?
          In which case, use the water from this tank - it is close to being distilled water. It is also easily good enough to go in batteries, but make sure you filter it through a piece of kitchen paper first, to remove any fluff!

Also, like Andy said, don't use Fairy Liquid, use screen wash. If you can get it, use Teepol(1-2%) and isopropanol (2-5%) in the condensed water - works brilliantly!
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Also eventually the screen washer jets get completely fubarred. All that cleaning with a pin and calcium etc just eats the metal of the jets. It's worth replacing them eventually as the insides of the new ones will be nice and smooth and the limescale won't stick to it so quickly.

Comment

Anybody got the part number? Looks like I'll have to change them. They have been a PITA since I filled up with lovely soft water up in Yorkshire.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X