Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue LED's

Hello All,

I have just purchased a Blue Led conversion kit to spruce up the appearence of my dash. Have any of you fitted these to your vehicle? If so what is the verdict on the result??

Cheers
    [FONT=Impact]I couldn't repair your brakes sir, so

Surely it would have been better to ask these questions BEFORE you bought the bits!!????
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      Surely it would have been better to ask these questions BEFORE you bought the bits!!????
      Maybe! But that's me, I've even brought books before without knowing the ending, how out there is that???????????/

Comment

I seem to remember at last one member brought Blue Leds, only to be disappointed by the results, subsequently he went down the White Gauge route.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          I seem to remember at last one member brought Blue Leds, only to be disappointed by the results, subsequently he went down the White Gauge route.

Trev
          Just put some blu tint on your sun glasses.
          Jobe done!
          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

Trev
            Yep, t'was me. I settled for the original black faces, with the replacement blue leds, but the lighting was 'patchy', so I made up a 'string' of single blue leds with their own resistors and stuck them in behind the dial faces in a sort of arch shape. The result is very blue. Next mod is a dimmer control.

Comment

what cha want is a red brake light chaser... in the middle,top of the back window.
              looks like night rider in reverse.

the blue bling looks naff on a surf, maybe a saxo or nova/corsa etc. and wearing a burberry baseball cap.... backwards....

although i did have blue leds, (strobe effect) on my flip up number plate bracket on my R6 last year. that looked well cool with a lazer cut R6 lit up at the back of the bike... but on a Surf... mmmmm.. no.
              she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                what cha want is a red brake light chaser... in the middle,top of the back window.
                looks like night rider in reverse.

the blue bling looks naff on a surf, maybe a saxo or nova/corsa etc. and wearing a burberry baseball cap.... backwards....

although i did have blue leds, (strobe effect) on my flip up number plate bracket on my R6 last year. that looked well cool with a lazer cut R6 lit up at the back of the bike... but on a Surf... mmmmm.. no.
                The Blue LED's are to replace the dash backlighting. I think your understanding of the term 'bling' may be different to what it actually means. Bling when used in reference to a car would be 20" chrome spinners, Neon underlighting, and blacked out windows. What I'm talking about doing is to replace the dash backlighting, from green to blue. Now if that's 'Bling', it would mean VW's are bling, and I think we all know that's no the case!

Comment

Blue is the colour

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Yep, t'was me. I settled for the original black faces, with the replacement blue leds, but the lighting was 'patchy', so I made up a 'string' of single blue leds with their own resistors and stuck them in behind the dial faces in a sort of arch shape. The result is very blue. Next mod is a dimmer control.
                  Hi Vince, That sounds like just what i'm looking for, Are the LEDs a Maplins
                  part or the likes of Halfrauds?, Last time i went to maplins for a similar thing
                  (wireing LEDs in a 9ft jap battleship) i found the place run by kids who knew
                  bugga all unless it had a part no, i did look at that guy on ebay who sells a kit for 19 quid but its bulb for bulb and as my tacho much dimmer than the speedo i wanted to add more lights, dont know if this is common to all surfs?
                  Did you increase the heater lights as well, there pretty usless as well!
                  would be interested to know how its done, ie: has each LED its own resistor
                  or are all wired through one resistor, Also saw a suggestion on a thread about
                  using Fibre optic cable for the heaters, (used that in the ship, to good effect)
                  Cheers mate
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi mate, I got my leds from here..
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-ULTRA-BRIGH...QQcmdZViewItem

Well cheap I thought and delivered within 48 hours.
                    I'm thinking about getting some of this next,
                    http://www.loopylights.com/shop.php
                    but not sure where I'm gonna fit it yet.
                    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 13 October 2005, 21:16.

Comment

Vince,

I'm starting to think you have got LED Blue light syndrome? This is a medical condition that needs to be treated with copious amounts of beer, to the point of memory loss. Then when you wake up, no more thoughts of LED's!!

I knew a guy who used to drive round with a strobe light for aircraft flashing in his car, it was hilarious.

Comment

I don't drink or smoke so I've got to have something to do with my 'spare' time.

Comment

Only joking mate!!

You could always wash and wax every week. That takes me the best part of a day and a bit.

Comment

Are you kidding me?! I live on the top of a 'mountain' in wales, we only get two weeks of sun per year!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Are you kidding me?! I live on the top of a 'mountain' in wales, we only get two weeks of sun per year!

Yeah I know. Everytime I drive to Wales in my truck ( and thats every other week) the weather changes as you go over the bridge. Then as soon as it see's an English truck, it consumes it in a tidle wave of rain, getting the driver (me) very wet. I don't think your weather likes us English

Comment

Working...
                              X