fitting lift gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting lift gear

when one has fitted a 2"lift kit ,4 new springs,front es3000 strut inserts and rear shocks es3000 also ,does anything else need tweaking ,this is job on a 3rd gen .
    when i used to change the ride height and spring set up on mt racing nitro buggy it used to always effect the camber toe in and toe out stuff ,and usually had to be altered .is this the same with the surf .and b4 you laugh nitro buggy racing is great fun.
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
    when one has fitted a 2"lift kit ,4 new springs,front es3000 strut inserts and rear shocks es3000 also ,does anything else need tweaking ,this is job on a 3rd gen .
    when i used to change the ride height and spring set up on mt racing nitro buggy it used to always effect the camber toe in and toe out stuff ,and usually had to be altered .is this the same with the surf .and b4 you laugh nitro buggy racing is great fun.
    you'll definatly need to get the camber reset.
    handbrake cable guide on the rear axle housing may need tweaking, there are extension brackets available but with my 2.5" lift I didn't bother.
    the rear brake flexi-line may need extending for off-road use
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

You might want to increase the height of the brake load sensing valve arm above the rear axle to comensate for the increase in axle to body separation.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
        You might want to increase the height of the brake load sensing valve arm above the rear axle to compensate for the increase in axle to body separation.
        Sorry Nev, but there isn't one on the 3rd Gen , and I'm sure its often overlooked when lifting a 2nd Gen, although as you rightfully point out on these it should be adjusted to compensate.
        Last edited by Morr; 12 October 2005, 17:35.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
        X