Thought's on E Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought's on E Bay

just wondering what's your general thought's guys on buying a surf from e bay. i've had a look and there is some lovely surf's on there but they just seem to cheap to be a good buy if you know what i mean, in auto trader they are at least a grand more. has anyone bought their surf from ebay I realy don't want to end up with something that's going to fall apart by the time i get it home!!

If its a grand cheaper then buy it and put the money in a piggy bank and save should you have probs with it (the most expencive seems to be the head which appears now and then)((2.4))
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
      If its a grand cheaper then buy it and put the money in a piggy bank and save should you have probs with it (the most expencive seems to be the head which appears now and then)((2.4))
      Mark
      good idea, was thinking more of spending it on little extra's !! noticed about the head's as i've been reading the forum they seem worring

Comment

Like buying anything really. Check it out or take someone who
        is able to do it for you mate/mechanic AA/RAC etc.

As you would, dont part with any monies untill you are 100% then
        enjoy the bargain if any doubts then walk away theres loads
        of Surfs out there, or try at the auctions

big auction site by Portbury dock, sell inports straight off
        the boat. BUT as said check it out 100 %
        GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Good start....you are using the Forum.
          Use the search button and read up more on head probs. The forum is a great tool to sort probs out and save head scratching. A lot of the guys only post when they have problems,they dont continually post saying "No probs with my head" Sermon over.

I've been lucky buying cars and bikes on eboo. Decide how much you want to pay....factor in location....keep some cash back in case something does need fixing...read sellers feedback....How long has seller been on ebay etc.

I have seen some cracking trucks in the "For Sale" section of the forum and would have purchased from there if I hadnt fell in with the big red garden ornament and bought it on the spot.

Happy Smurfing

Comment

Originally posted by bradley444
            just wondering what's your general thought's guys on buying a surf from e bay. i've had a look and there is some lovely surf's on there but they just seem to cheap to be a good buy if you know what i mean, in auto trader they are at least a grand more. has anyone bought their surf from ebay I realy don't want to end up with something that's going to fall apart by the time i get it home!!

I bought my second Surf on e-bay (must post my old one on ere!) and i made a bit of a foo-pah in taking a Bankers draft, I wish I had taken cash now as it turned out to have been LOWERED!! so I would have knocked him down but it was PERFECT other than the lowereing!! so I decided to go ahead with the deal as agreed. And now I have restored it to how it should have been, and it only cost me about £40 for a set of second hand rear springs (although I did change the shocks as well!! but that was my choice)

But as others say take some one with you and be prepared to walk away, I nearly did . Do research on this forum and ask questions (do a search first tho!) this lot dont bite (MUCH).

Good Luck and keep us all informed on how you get on.

Ohh and piccies will be MANDATORY when you get one

Paul
            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
              I bought my second Surf on e-bay (must post my old one on ere!) and i made a bit of a foo-pah in taking a Bankers draft, I wish I had taken cash now as it turned out to have been LOWERED!! so I would have knocked him down but it was PERFECT other than the lowereing!! so I decided to go ahead with the deal as agreed. And now I have restored it to how it should have been, and it only cost me about £40 for a set of second hand rear springs (although I did change the shocks as well!! but that was my choice)

But as others say take some one with you and be prepared to walk away, I nearly did . Do research on this forum and ask questions (do a search first tho!) this lot dont bite (MUCH).

Good Luck and keep us all informed on how you get on.

Ohh and piccies will be MANDATORY when you get one

Paul
              Brilliant cheers all, took a 3.0 L ssrx i think it was for a test drive on the weekend loved it just need to get the readies to get one now!! and there will be pics on here when i get one for sure

Comment

Well done that man......got the Surf already.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                  Well done that man......got the Surf already.....
                  I know it's mad realy can not wait to get one, I do want to do a bit of off roading with it is there anything I would need to do to it to make sure it's suitable? (if that makes sense)

Comment

I know it's mad realy can not wait to get one, I do want to do a bit of off roading with it is there anything I would need to do to it to make sure it's suitable? (if that makes sense)
                    There's a lot you can do... Snorkel... Mud Tyres... Susenson lift etc etc etc

I have a bog standard surf with A/t tyres and have no problems off road at all

It really depends on how "MAD" you want to go!

There is a greenlaning weekwnd hapening in the llangollen/ North Wales area on the 2nd weekend in October... (See thread in greenlaning section) come along to that and it should give you a good idea of wqhat you do or dont need!

Joe
                    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

It is suitable already, just grease everything up and take it easy first time.........I'm sure there a load of the guys on the forum near you..........I held off get my red shiny mucky for ages........then was amazed at what the big bugga could do....................

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                        now I have restored it to how it should have been
                        Great news Paul, it's good to hear that Junior has now grown up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps now it can come out to play ?

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

was thinking of selling mine, i paid £4500 for it a yr and half ago. been serviced, belts changed ect..... good head on it, never had any problems apart from 1 puncture due to driving over a nail. nice blue matching alloy wheels. very reliable. it's a 2.4 k reg. give us a shout if you want a peep at it, no presure to buy...... i'l take £3000, with no offers but only to any1 off here, i'm gonna put it up for aound 3800ono. i'm the only owner since import. even the back window works
                          lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
                            was thinking of selling mine, i paid £4500 for it a yr and half ago. been serviced, belts changed ect..... good head on it, never had any problems apart from 1 puncture due to driving over a nail. nice blue matching alloy wheels. very reliable. it's a 2.4 k reg. give us a shout if you want a peep at it, no presure to buy...... i'l take £3000, with no offers but only to any1 off here, i'm gonna put it up for aound 3800ono. i'm the only owner since import. even the back window works
                            Any Photos?
                            cheers
                            Bobo

Comment

I agree have a look, if you like it buy it.

Heres one i just found nothing to do with me but could be a potential bargain as it has been posted under a vague heading.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-TOYOTA-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                              X