Interior misting/condensation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    When we had the covers of the inside of the tailgate for a while, I noticed the bottem edge of the tailgate didn't quite touch the seal, leaving a small gap. the inside bottem of the tailgate needed tugging out slightly to meet the seal, now its much quieter when the rear seats are folded down. I guess 3 people sitting/standing on the tailgate has bent the inner skin of the tailgate in slightly and it didn't touch the seal properly.

I gather from your reply that there is supposed to be some sort of seal along the bottom of the tailgate. I can't see anywhere that a seal could be attached to. I shall try to take some pics this afternoon to illustrate the problem. I'm gald I only drove through mud........living close to a rural area.
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 27 November 2003, 08:08.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I gather from your reply that there is supposed to be some sort of seal along the bottom of the tailgate. I can't see anywhere that a seal could be attached to. I shall try to take some pics this afternoon to illustrate the problem. I'm gald I only drove through mud........living close to a rural area.
      Ohil

I had same after the PIT - lots of mud splashed up inside the tailgate

I'll have to check if I've got a seal too.
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rockey
        My Surf's windows are streaming with condensation since this wet spell, trouble is why, I have been all over the interior and it's bone dry yet every evening the inside of the glass is wet. Do they all suffer like this or is there something I'm missing ? I want to sort this out before it starts to get cold and have to scrape ice from the INSIDE as well.
        John
        Stop breathing when your driving
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Its around the bottom of the tailgate trim panel, it goes against the edge of the load area when shut. If you take the carpet off the tailgate, them shut it, and look down inbetween the the tailgate and the edge of the load area, you should'nt be able to see daylight. (we could!)

Note that the seal is 6" or so up the tailgate, so the lower part (with the ridges in it) should have mud on it if you've been playing properly!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by rockey
            I did leave outside air selected which maybe the cause
            Mmmm nope thats the solution . The outside air will clear a foggy inside, recycled air is pure crap for visibility and everything else, I wonder why they even give us the choice...

Comment

Originally posted by rich
              Wow, that was all technical!

On a simpler tangent, do you have the standard fluffy carpet mats?

If you have then you might find that they are damp everytime you get out of the Surf after getting in with wet feet and that could be where the moisture is coming from.

Rich.
              And for the Essex clan its the Furry Dice holding the moisture.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Big Thanks guys
                I had the same problem and so went for a spin using recycled air in the aircon. This morning, not a spec on the inside of the windscreen! Problem solved.Pat on the head to all concerned

Comment

Working...
                X