X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again!

Just seen this on the news........

http://www.itv.com/news/index_1049574.html

surely the trick is to avoid being run over by any cars, not just 'suv's?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Exactly, all pedestrians have to remember, is stay off the road unless they're in a vehicle!
      Quite simple really.

Comment

When I was growing up we had the Green Cross code, what's happened to pedestrians being responsible for their actions, if they step out into the road, they are going to get hit by someone if they are not very lucky. What about getting hit by a truck - and I used to work with a guy who's son got hit on his bike by a large Scammell truck and was very badly injured. The blame was laid at his door for riding stupidly - he was a kid and we have all done it sometimes. Nowadays the truck driver would have been blamed for driving a large vehicle.

RANT OVER!!!

Comment

What an absolutely pointless article, piece of research and irrelevent link to SUVs.

If it's bigger then you and moving, don't step in front of it.

Was there a previous article about making pensioners aware of the dangers of stepping in front of buses and cement trucks?

And how are you supposed to have a health warning on an SUV? Do we all have to display a sticker saying "stepping infront of this vehicle while it's moving may seriously flatten your feet"?

Pointless Grrrrr
          Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Do you think the good doctor feels better after stating the bleeding obvious?
            His next report could be; The dangers of handing a knife point forward,
            The dangers of mixing water with electricity, The ordinary household brick can kill.................

Comment

also what earing does "gas guzzling" have to do with any form of accident or type of vehicle!!!
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

more appropriate as its the bmj, would be a warning not to step out infront of doctors who just finished 75 hours on call cos they will be asleep at the wheel..
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                  also what earing does "gas guzzling" have to do with any form of accident or type of vehicle!!!

It probably means that if you get run over by an electric car, you will smile and say to yourself...."I'm glad I got knocked down by that eco friendly car because after all it is saving the planet. Everybody should by one"

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    more appropriate as its the bmj, would be a warning not to step out infront of doctors who just finished 75 hours on call cos they will be asleep at the wheel..

That would be soooo Ironic!

Comment

why is it that it is never the pedestrians fault in any accident.i work on the railway and have been out to a couple of deaths on the track 1 was suicide and the other was an accident.how can someone walk over a foot crossing and not hear a 125 hurtling down the track at 60mph and blow his horn at a set distance from the crossing to warning people he is coming and then its down to people like me to s****e them up after
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                        Exactly!

The Surf does more miles to the gallon than an assortment of my friends' cars: Impreza, RX8, TVR350i and a Jag. Why aren't these cars also labelled as "gas guzzlers"?

Also note how the facts that "people elderly are 60% more likely to die after being hit by a vehicle" and "the population is ageing" are used to support the proposition, in spite of having no relevance.

Typical non sequitur populist rant - the author does not like 4x4s - end of story.
                        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

and now 5live are 'debating' it...
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Would that be a mass debate cos theyre all w*nkers

Comment

What a bunch of ar$e! What have people got against 4x4s? Surely vans, pick-ups, lorrys, buses and 'normal cars all hurt if your dumb enough to stand in front of them when they are moving?
                              You aint seen me, right

Comment

Working...
                              X