• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision decisions!

BFGs @......................... £109:00 + VAT
    Goodyear AT @ ................£91:00.... " "
    Bridgestone Duelers @....... £87:47.... " "
    All prices include fitting and balancing.
    Well which ones should I choose??

John
    Last edited by Silver Surfer; 25 November 2003, 14:36.
    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

http://www.1010tires.com/
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

Have a look at these links to get you started. If it's all terrains you need then go for the BFG's.
    Pete

Comment

get in touch with www.formula4x4.com they have special prices at the moment examples for 31x10.5x15
      bfg at ................£64
      khumo at .............£65
      enduro at .............£45
      don't know what size you want, but it might be worth giving them a ring, carriage works out at £16 FOR 4 Tyres and shouldn't cost you more than a tenner each to get them fitted, could save a few bob or even get 5
      John
      [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
      [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by rockey
        get in touch with www.formula4x4.com they have special prices at the moment examples for 31x10.5x15
        bfg at ................£64
        khumo at .............£65
        enduro at .............£45
        don't know what size you want, but it might be worth giving them a ring, carriage works out at £16 FOR 4 Tyres and shouldn't cost you more than a tenner each to get them fitted, could save a few bob or even get 5
        John
        Not sure where you got that info from regarding BFG's but when I spoke to them at 16:00 they were selling them at £93 each
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

Rec'd price list off them last month with a specials tyre list maybe out of date, but the phone number is 01677 425555.
          John
          [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
          [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

try www.bronco4x4.com
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Surfer

John
              That seems expensive - I chose BGF A/T's and they worked out about £80 (inc fitting, balance and VAT) for 31x10.50xR15

Shop around a bit..
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

John

DON'T BUY BRIDGESTONES!!!!!!!
                [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by FG.
                  Depends what you want them for - I got Dueller HTs on mine and they are great road tyres but completely useless in the rough stuff - mind you I managed the easy stuff at the Pit a couple of times without getting stuck. The Dueller HT is an 80% road biased tyre so I wouldn't expect anything else to be honest. They do stick like glue on the road and I would seriously recommend them for on road use.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by FG.

Explain, its great to say don't buy them or those , don't use these etc etc but why??????????????????????????? ????????????????
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Tyre size is 265/70/16 Linda, and usually the bigger the tyre size the further up your back they push your arm.
                      John
                      http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                        Explain, its great to say don't buy them or those , don't use these etc etc but why??????????????????????????? ????????????????
                        Well I think I started a thread, asking if peeps found the Bridgestone 'Winter Dueler' not much good and useless in the wet.
                        And I think most replies agreed.
                        Always had BF's with no probs and just found them pretty poor.
                        Had my plant trailer on the other day, with a 2 ton digger on and still the wheels span up in the wet

ps.. I think '7' on the font size may have been a little keen
                        Last edited by FG.; 26 November 2003, 19:19.
                        [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by FG.
                          Well I think I started a thread, asking if peeps found the Bridgestone 'Winter Dueler' not much good and useless in the wet.
                          And I think most replies agreed.
                          Always had BF's with no probs and just found them pretty poor.
                          Had my plant trailer on the other day, with a 2 ton digger on and still the wheels span up in the wet

ps.. I think '7' on the font size may have been a little keen
                          they're a winter tyre for snow.if you're that worried go buy some british spec road tyres. i've got winter duellers (were on there from japan) i've not had a problem... maybe it's the lead boots?
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            Its cos they are tested on animals, choose a tyre that is puncture tested on synthetic hedgehogs!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tyre size is 265/70/16 Linda, and usually the bigger the tyre size the further up your back they push your arm.
                              John
                              Yep, I agree, I originally thought I had 16" wheels (it was wet and I couldn't be bothered to go out and check ) and the quote for BFG AT 265/70/R16 came in about £100 each fitted balanced and inc VAT.
                              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X