Phone Call from Customs and Excise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawkwind
    Do you also have to tell them how many miles that you do and how much diesel that you use or is it just sending receipts of the veg oil that you use??
    they ask you how many litres you are going to use on the ex103 and then each month you fill out the form they send you and just put on how many litres you have used that month and the amount of duty that will be paid piece of cake really
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• here is a copy of my latest form i sent back today
      Last edited by stormforce; 12 October 2008, 21:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by stormforce1067
        here is a copy of my latest form i sent back today
        You sent back June's already ??????

Mine will go back in early July

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

they ask you how many litres you are going to use on the ex103 and then each month you fill out the form they send you and just put on how many litres you have used that month and the amount of duty that will be paid piece of cake really
          Thanks for that stormforce

Unusual then that they are actually putting their trust in you then in declaring your useage of veggie.

Comment

• Originally posted by UDTrev
            You sent back June's already ??????

Mine will go back in early July

Trev
            yea i got mixed up cause my 1st one was only for 2 weeks.I aint been with it this w/end as my new neighbours have been kicking off over my legal access over a shared driveway and i just havent been thinking straight but i will take more care next time

Comment

yea i got mixed up cause my 1st one was only for 2 weeks.I aint been with it this w/end as my new neighbours have been kicking off over my legal access over a shared driveway and i just havent been thinking straight but i will take more care next time
              I notice you are using the 2nd line, I got told to put Bio down on the bottom line

Trev

Comment

• Originally posted by UDTrev
                I notice you are using the 2nd line, I got told to put Bio down on the bottom line

Trev
                i rang them up and spoke to someone from the oils dept and he said to put it in that line.I think i may ring them up again to check and make sure i am doing it right

Comment

i rang them up and spoke to someone from the oils dept and he said to put it in that line.I think i may ring them up again to check and make sure i am doing it right
                  They will soon tell you if they need it changing

Mind you, have to give them a medal, they sure are early getting the monthly forms out this time.

Trev

Comment

• Originally posted by the careful driver
                    Notice this quote, from government literature.

See the reference page in the reply above. Note 2.3

"The governments primary aim in deciding upon duty rates for alternative fuels is the environmental impact, although other factors, including social and economic impacts, will also be taken into account when setting duty rates."

So the main criteria for this reduced duty rate is not the cost of setup, (as the tax people said to you) but the environmental impact.

Hm.

The governments main aim regarding use of veg oil ( or anything else )is taxation and how to ensure its enforcement.
                    The fact that veg oil can be bought at any supermarket means that taxing it is impossible. This and any other government is NOT INTERESTED in environmental issues ( only on the surface as a vote winner) they are only interesed in taxing the working person to pay for all the P/C c r a p they insist on wasteing our money on. TAX TAX TAX thats it!!!
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• what happened?

.can anyone shed any light on the final outcome of this excellent thread, with regards to HMCE and the legal arguments?
                      Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Working...
                      X