X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps

Hi all
    just got hold of a hilux 1996 SSR-G
    im having trouble setting the field display unit gps (display up by the rear view mirror) i know the GPS will not work in the UK, but, i would like to know how to set up the compass and or if any one has an engish translation of the GPS manual, all the display is in |English but the page etc is in Japanese can any on help.
    also when i brake at low speed the front end oscilates i dont think its the ABS. There is a jingle from underneth that dose not increase with speed. any one got any ideas???
    im new to the hilux i had a terrano 2 before and that was quite basic.

Have a look here

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...=field+monitor

or type field monitor into the search option.

Comment

hi hmmmm, this manual i have but ithe field monitor in my hilux is different

any one got this one??
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike c

any one got this one??
        Hmm, well if its not that one, and its not the one in the links bell end billy posted (which is by far the most commonly found unit), any chance of a picture??
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

hi its in the atachment on my last post
          i could send you the attachment by email . email me and i will send it to you.
          Mcannaby@saitek.com
          thanks
          Mike

Comment

hi its in the atachment on my last post
            i could send you the attachment by email . email me and i will send it to you.
            Mcannaby@saitek.com
            thanks
            Mike
            Sorry, misunderstood your prior post, thought you were saying it was also different to the unit you had.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

hi the one in the attachment is the one i have but the one on the link you sent is not the one i have lol
              mike

Comment

any one got this one??
                I have the same one but no manual.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...=trip+computer

I have come to the conclusion that this type of gps is used via waypoints, if you look at the main screen you will see a flashing arrow and to the side kmph increments from 5 to 40kms.I believe that this arrow will point you in the direction that you need to head in rather than showing you street names etc.
                If you have the search icon in the top left hand side of the lcd then i think that the gps antenna has either been disconnected or does not work in england, my gps lead is connected at the back of the unit but the search icon is still on the screen. I am also guessing that if the gps was working then you wouldn't have to set your compass because it would also know exactly where it was.

I found this antenna on e-bay it looks exactly like the connection that is on the back but do not know for sure if it would fit. scroll down to NO2 HRS GT5.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GPS-ANTENN...QQcmdZViewItem

I have now had my surf for 9 months and have spent many fruitless hours trawling the internet for any information on this unit, but to no avail.

Is your manual very big ? i.e would it be possible for you to send me a copy i will gladly reimburse you for any postage/copying expenses, not that i can read japanese but two brains are better than one as they say.

Comment

hi
                  yes to all your comments.
                  i have looked everywhare on the net for hrs and phoned lots of people but no one knows. the manual does not say there is a base unit ?

i will send you a copy no charge as i dont do the profiting thang on sending out info i find out or have.
                  ok cus im new to the GPS thing i dont know any thing about it much, as you say it looks like its a way point thingy. do you have a dash gps that connects to the top roof display unit?
                  as i dont have a jap radio that came with it just fitted my kenwood in. the only loose cables in the dash is 2 pin plug and a 4 pin plug. is the top display a stand alone unit.
                  would be nice just to get the compass working not too fussed about the gps yet just to get rid of the ****** flashing icon lol. send me your email and will send you a copy of the manual i have. just looked at your link and yes i have the very same one as you.
                  Last edited by mike c; 28 September 2005, 11:49.

Comment

hi
                    yes to all your comments.
                    i have looked everywhare on the net for hrs and phoned lots of people but no one knows. the manual does not say there is a base unit ?

i will send you a copy no charge as i dont do the profiting thang on sending out info i find out or have.
                    ok cus im new to the GPS thing i dont know any thing about it much, as you say it looks like its a way point thingy. do you have a dash gps that connects to the top roof display unit?
                    as i dont have a jap radio that came with it just fitted my kenwood in. the only loose cables in the dash is 2 pin plug and a 4 pin plug. is the top display a stand alone unit.
                    would be nice just to get the compass working not too fussed about the gps yet just to get rid of the ****** flashing icon lol. send me your email and will send you a copy of the manual i have. just looked at your link and yes i have the very same one as you.
                    I do have the in dash gps with radio/c.d/t.v/tape but i do not think it is connected to the roof mounted unit, there is a plug in the back of the stereo that is the same as the one in the roof mounted unit but when i turned the t.v on and took out the plug i lost the picture on the t.v (not a proper picture but a fuzzy not quite focussed picture) so i assumed that this plug was the tv aerial.
                    Do you have the two wire fillaments embedded in the glass on the sides of the boot area (like a rear window heater fillament) ? I was told that these were the aerial wires for the tv. Maybe these are for the gps as i have never found a GPS aerial.
                    Thanks for your offer of sending me the manual a noble gesture in this day and age.
                    E-MAIL: gibbsgibbsy@tiscali.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
                      I do have the in dash gps with radio/c.d/t.v/tape but i do not think it is connected to the roof mounted unit, there is a plug in the back of the stereo that is the same as the one in the roof mounted unit but when i turned the t.v on and took out the plug i lost the picture on the t.v (not a proper picture but a fuzzy not quite focussed picture) so i assumed that this plug was the tv aerial.
                      Do you have the two wire fillaments embedded in the glass on the sides of the boot area (like a rear window heater fillament) ? I was told that these were the aerial wires for the tv. Maybe these are for the gps as i have never found a GPS aerial.
                      Thanks for your offer of sending me the manual a noble gesture in this day and age.
                      E-MAIL: gibbsgibbsy@tiscali.co.uk
                      I have a similar system but all the cables and aerials have been taken out on mine. The TV in Japland is NTSC and ours is PAL, you may be lucky and get a BW picture but mostly it will role. I also have a big CD type box under the passenger seat that says Toyota GPS but the dealer must have taken all the wires out cos there are none coming out of it.
                      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                        I have a similar system but all the cables and aerials have been taken out on mine. The TV in Japland is NTSC and ours is PAL, you may be lucky and get a BW picture but mostly it will role. I also have a big CD type box under the passenger seat that says Toyota GPS but the dealer must have taken all the wires out cos there are none coming out of it.
                        That's exactly what I have in mine, although the wires are still there (for now).
                        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                        X